Glazed Raspberry Lemon Bread RecipeStacey Mebs | Bake.Eat.Repeat.
This glazed raspberry lemon bread is quick and easy to make and perfect to have with your morning coffee. The tangy lemon glaze just puts it over the top!
I've had an obsession with lemon flavoured things lately. Actually, every spring when lemons are suddenly available in enormous bags for way less money, I go through this phase where I'm making lemon everything.
No other ideas pop in my head - I just want all the lemon things, all of the time. Sweet, savoury - doesn't matter, it should probably have lemon in it.
This glazed raspberry lemon bread is one of the best things to come out of my kitchen lately. I made it twice in two days and it didn't take a whole lot longer to disappear. So I'll probably be making it again soon!
It's the perfect treat with my mid-morning coffee, or to send with the kids for their morning snack at school.
It's even delicious without that tangy lemon glaze if you want to make it a bit more appropriate for breakfast - and less dessert like. If that's your thing.
I, on the other hand, chose to cover this raspberry lemon bread with a sweet and tangy lemon glaze because it was delicious. And I have no regrets.
This glazed raspberry lemon bread actually happened because we love these raspberry lemon cookies so much that I decided we needed more raspberry lemon things in our lives.
So I think I can probably call this health food since I made it instead of cookies. Right?
At least I can justify eating this for breakfast - and cookies don't often qualify (unless they're these healthy apple oatmeal breakfast cookies I suppose).
Now I just need to see how many other things I can put raspberry and lemon in together.
Because I clearly can't get enough of that combination right now!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Glazed Raspberry Lemon Bread Recipe
IngredientsFor the Bread:
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Zest, zest from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 large Eggs
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh Raspberries, or frozen, don't thaw if frozen
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice, juice from one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, rub the lemon zest and sugar together with your fingers until the sugar is light yellow and fragrant. Whisk in the flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, melted butter and oil until well combined. Add the milk and vanilla and whisk until combined. Add this mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in the raspberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the bread comes out clean. Allow the bread to cool for 10-15 minutes in the pan, and then remove it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth to make the glaze. Drizzle the glaze over top of the cooled bread. You may not need all of the glaze. The bread will keep well at room temperature in a sealed container for 3-5 days, or you can freeze it for up to 3 months.
- This bread is also good with half whole wheat flour. It’s also great without the glaze if you want to omit that to make it a bit healthier!
- Stacey Mebs
- Adapted from these Glazed Lemon Cranberry Muffins.
- Cooking Method:
- Lunchbox, Quick Bread, Bread, Baking, Baked, Raspberries, Lemons, Frosting
- Related Recipes:
- Lunchbox Recipes, Quick Bread Recipes, Bread Recipes, Baking Recipes, Baked Recipes, Raspberry Recipes, Lemon Recipes, Frosting Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 1 loaf
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Stacey Mebs
Source: Adapted from these Glazed Lemon Cranberry Muffins.
Recipe Yields: 1 loaf
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 70 minutes
Total Time: 80 minutes
Amount Per Serving