Garlic Butter Puff Pastry Pinwheels RecipeDionne Baldwin | Try Anything Once
A crisp version of garlic bread, or at least that’s how I refer to garlic butter puff pastry pinwheels. They come together fast and are a delicious savory treat!
Garlic butter puff pastry pinwheels are a crisp version of garlic bread and I couldn’t be happier about it!
Besides the bread itself, I love garlic bread because of the rich butter and savory garlic. So much that I’m totally ok with substituting the bread for this version.
On warmer days (or in a warm kitchen) it doesn’t take long for the puff pastry to thaw if I set it on the counter. The directions say to thaw in the fridge, but when I need a lastminute appetizer, I need to bend the rules a little.
There isn’t much time to make bread, run to the store or even thaw out frozen bread dough. (That’s a real thing!) It makes baking quick and easy.
There’s a collection of puff pastry recipes here on Food Fanatic if you want some inspiration!
I’m all about puff pastry. Love it. Spread Nutella in the middle and dust with sugar for Nutella Twists, make some sweet pinwheels or more savory options.
I usually keep 2 boxes in my freezer and rotate them out.
The only tip I have for this recipe is to lightly sprinkle everything. Meaning about a tablespoon or so of each, maybe a little less.
Too heavy and these can turn out salty with the seasoning very overwhelming. Maybe add little pieces of bacon?
Whatever your heart desires, savory pinwheels can be the perfect app for your next dinner party!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Garlic Butter Puff Pastry Pinwheels Recipe
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry, thawed
- 5 tablespoons Butter, melted, for brushing
- Garlic Salt
- Italian Seasoning
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- All-Purpose Flour, for dusting
- Lightly flour a clean, dry, flat surface and lay out thawed puff pastry.
- Roll into 11 by 14 rectangle.
- Brush butter onto the puff pastry dough.
- Lightly sprinkle garlic salt, grated parmesan and Italian seasoning.
- Roll lengthwise, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Remove from the freezer and cut into 1/8”-inch slices.
- Place cut side down onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until a light golden brown.
- Dionne Baldwin
- Cooking Method:
- Appetizers, Snacks, Baking, Baked, Garlic, Butter, Puff Pastry, Easy, Family Meals and Snacks, Party Food
- Related Recipes:
- Appetizer Recipes, Snack Recipes, Baking Recipes, Baked Recipes, Garlic Recipes, Butter Recipes, Puff Pastry Recipes, Easy Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes, Party Food Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 12 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Dionne Baldwin
Recipe Yields: 12 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 80 minutes
Amount Per Serving