Fudgy Cake Mix Brownies RecipeKristan Roland | Confessions of a Cookbook Queen
Fudgy Cake Mix Brownies make a quick and easy dessert for any night of the week. Or breakfast... we won't tell!
Is there any problem in life that can’t be fixed with a brownie?
I’m thinking not.
There are just too many things in life that we don’t want to do. Go to work. Change poopy diapers. Go grocery shopping. Stand in line at the post office.
Call people on the phone and talk with real voices.
Brownies help dull the pain just a little. Try eating a brownie while you wait in the post office life and tell me it doesn’t change your life a little.
I have noticed that texting so frequently has made me even worse at talking on the phone than I was already.
You know what the problem is? I can’t see the person’s mouth. I always start talking at the same time as them and then it’s weird because I’m not sure what to do. If I stop talking, then they usually also stop talking, then we both sit there in awkward silence trying to figure out who can talk.
Go ahead. No YOU go ahead. No YOU go ahead, I was done. UGGGGGGGG.
But if I KEEP talking, then of course they keep talking and we are both talking at the same time and it’s just confusing and weird.
How are we expected to just talk blindly without seeing each other’s faces? That’s why texting is great. You can see the little text bubble pop up. Maybe real voice talking needs a talk bubble.
Look, we aren’t mind readers around here. Surely with the technology that exists nowadays, someone can make this happen.
I love all kinds of brownies. I have a few great homemade brownie recipes, brownie mix recipes… and this cake mix brownie recipe. It’s seriously a fabulous recipe to have in your arsenal – dark, fudgy, and chewy. Perfect! And then you have something to do with your mouth while the other person is talking.
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Fudgy Cake Mix Brownies Recipe
- 2 boxes Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix, roughly 18 ounces each
- 1 5 ounce box Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 cup Butter, melted (2 sticks)
- 1 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips, or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom only of a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, melted butter, and chocolate chips. Blend on low speed until a thick batter forms. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until bars are puffy and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with fudgy crumbs.
- Kristan Roland
- Cooking Method:
- Brownies, Bar Desserts, Desserts, Baking, Baked, Easy, Quick, Chocolate
- Related Recipes:
- Brownie Recipes, Bar Dessert Recipes, Dessert Recipes, Baking Recipes, Baked Recipes, Easy Recipes, Quick Recipes, Chocolate Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 15 bars
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Kristan Roland
Recipe Yields: 15 bars
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Amount Per Serving