Frito taco pie is great for busy weeknights. It’s delicious comfort food that the whole family will love.
And whenever my aunt and uncle were around we had this Frito pie recipe. I think the first time that we had this was at my aunt's house and we all loved it.
It is great to make for a crowd, so it was a staple whenever family was visiting.
Casseroles are always a good idea when you have a bunch of people to feed! This Beef and Noodle Casserole is such an easy one to make and you can double it without a problem if you need more.
1. Start by browning the ground beef and onions together.
2. Mix in the taco seasoning. Skip the step of adding the water, just mix in the seasoning until the meat is well coated.
3. Pour in corn, tomatoes, and beans to combine everything
4. Pour about 3/4 bag of Fritos into the bottom of a casserole dish, top with meat mixture
5. Sprinkle on plenty of cheese! I like to use about 1 1/2 cups to evenly coat everything. You can go lighter or heavier, that is up to you.
6. Bake until the cheese is melty!
Fritos might be my all-time favorite chip, so it is no surprise that I am a fan of this Frito pie.
I like to reserve about 1/4 of the bag of chips to top each portion when you serve it. You can also top with your favorite taco toppings.
Sour cream is my favorite, but lettuce, black olives, avocado, and tomatoes make a great choice as well.
We are a huge fan of anything with Mexican flavors, so it should come as no surprise that this is a hit at our house.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!