Frito Taco Pie RecipeErin S. | Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
Frito taco pie is great for busy weeknights. It’s delicious comfort food that the whole family will love.
When I was growing up we had a few staples that made appearances every week. Saturday night was homemade pizza, and Sunday was Mexican night. Enchiladas were one of our favorites that we had often.
And whenever my aunt and uncle were around we had this Frito pie recipe. I think the first time that we had this was at my aunt's house and we all loved it.
It is great to make for a crowd, so it was a staple whenever family was visiting.
Casseroles are always a good idea when you have a bunch of people to feed! This Beef and Noodle Casserole is such an easy one to make and you can double it without a problem if you need more.
1. Start by browning the ground beef and onions together.
2. Mix in the taco seasoning. Skip the step of adding the water, just mix in the seasoning until the meat is well coated.
3. Pour in corn, tomatoes, and beans to combine everything
4. Pour about 3/4 bag of Fritos into the bottom of a casserole dish, top with meat mixture
5. Sprinkle on plenty of cheese! I like to use about 1 1/2 cups to evenly coat everything. You can go lighter or heavier, that is up to you.
6. Bake until the cheese is melty!
Fritos might be my all-time favorite chip, so it is no surprise that I am a fan of this Frito pie.
I like to reserve about 1/4 of the bag of chips to top each portion when you serve it. You can also top with your favorite taco toppings.
Sour cream is my favorite, but lettuce, black olives, avocado, and tomatoes make a great choice as well.
We are a huge fan of anything with Mexican flavors, so it should come as no surprise that this is a hit at our house.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Frito Taco Pie Recipe
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- 1 10-ounce can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 1 15 ounce can Ranch Style Beans
- 1 cup Corn Kernels
- 1 10.25 oz bag Fritos
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread 3/4 of the bag of Fritos in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet brown ground beef and onion until fully cooked and onions are soft.
- Mix in taco seasoning until well blended.
- Add diced tomatoes, beans and corn. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Pour over fritos and spread into an even layer. Sprinkle the cheese over the beef mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve topped with additional Fritos and your favorite taco toppings.
- Erin S.
- Cooking Method:
- Tex Mex
- Easy Dinners, Casseroles, Tex Mex, Dinners, Family Meals and Snacks, Baked, Ground Beef, Beans, Cheese
- Related Recipes:
- Easy Dinner Recipes, Casserole Recipes, Tex Mex Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes, Baked Recipes, Ground Beef Recipes, Bean Recipes, Cheese Recipes, Exclusive Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 5 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Erin S.
Recipe Yields: 5 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Amount Per Serving