Easy Coconut Chicken Curry RecipeErin S. | Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
Easy Coconut Chicken Curry comes together quickly when you need dinner fast. Perfect for any night of the week.
We love Indian and Thai food at our house. Anything that has curry in the name gets our attention. Including my son, he is a huge fan and has been since he was little. Now that he is getting older he even likes more heat in his food.
So often curries take a really long time to make, and to get all the flavors to come together. This Slow Cooker Tikka Masala is nice, because it just sits in the crock pot all day. But sometimes I want all the deliciousness that comes with a coconut chicken curry without the wait.
Coconut milk is not my husband's favorite. He will eat it, but if he had a choice he would pick something else. So when I had a friend over for lunch the other day, I knew exactly what I was going to make.
Her husband seems to have the same tastes as mine, so we like to get together and make things they won't eat. Like Creamy Chicken Stroganoff, since they don't like mushrooms.
Easy coconut chicken curry comes together in under 30 minutes. Curry powder and garam masala give the chicken lots of flavor. And the coconut milk and tomato sauce blend with it all and make such a great sauce.
We always serve our curries over rice, and extra rice at that. All that sauce needs to get eaten, and rice is a great way to go. You could also go with naan bread to soak up all that great sauce. Or grab a spoon; just make sure you don't let any of the sauce go to waste.
If you are a fan of curry at all, give this easy coconut chicken curry a try. There isn't a lot of spice (you can definitely add some), and it is great for any night of the week.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Easy Coconut Chicken Curry Recipe
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1-1 1/2 pounds Chicken, cut into cubes
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Curry Powder
- 1 tablespoon Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 15 ounce can Coconut Milk
- 1 8 ounce can Tomato Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- Fresh Cilantro, for garnish
- Cooked White Rice
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium high heat. Add chicken and onions to the pan. Sprinkle curry powder, garam masala, salt and pepper over chicken. Cook for 4-5 minutes until browned.
- Add garlic, and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Mix in coconut milk, tomato sauce, and sugar. Bring to a low simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice. Garnish with cilantro.
- Erin S.
- Cooking Method:
- Easy Dinners, Dinners, Family Meals and Snacks, Chicken, Coconut, Sauteed
- Related Recipes:
- Easy Dinner Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Coconut Recipes, Sauteed Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 4 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Erin S.
Recipe Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Amount Per Serving