Dutch Oven Roast Chicken with Lemon RecipeLisa Grant | Jersey Girl Cooks
This juicy, dutch oven roast chicken with lemon is full of flavor and has nice crispy skin. Roasting this chicken in a Dutch oven cuts down cooking time and makes it so easy!
My family loves having roasted chicken for dinner. I usually make it two or three times a month.
The best part is that there are leftovers and I will repurpose them into other meals such as Chinese Chicken Salad or BBQ Chicken Flatbread.
Why Use a Dutch Oven?
A roasted chicken usually takes several hours to cook in a roasting pan but under 90 minutes if you cook it in a Dutch oven.
It also saves space as a roasting pan takes up much more room. The chicken stays extra juicy in the Dutch oven.
What Ingredients do you need to make this recipe?
This chicken recipe is simply seasoned with fresh lemon, seasoned salt, pepper and dried parsley.
It is seared in a little olive oil making this a six ingredient recipe. I love recipes that have short ingredient lists.
Most of the ingredients are always in my pantry and fridge. I keep several whole chickens on hand in my freezer so that I can make roast chicken whenever my family asks for it.
What should you serve with Roasted Chicken?
The sides that you can serve with this chicken are endless! I like to serve a starch and a vegetable or salad at dinner.
My family loves potatoes so I frequently make Olive Oil Mashed Potatoes or Mini Parmesan Truffle Hasselback Potatoes if I’m feeling a little fancy.
A fresh salad or some lemon roasted asparagus can complete this dinner. To me, the fresher the ingredients, the better the meal.
If you like roasted chicken as much as I do, try some other recipes such as Perfect Pan Roasted Chicken or Soy Glazed Roasted Chicken. As I always say,” Winner, winner, chicken, dinner!”
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Dutch Oven Roast Chicken with Lemon Recipe
- 5 pounds Broiler-Fryer Chicken
- 2 teaspoons Lawry's Seasoned Salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dried Parsley
- 1 medium Lemon
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Remove the giblets from the chicken, rinse and pat dry. Sprinkle the chicken with half the seasoned salt.
- Heat olive oil on medium high heat in a large Dutch oven. Put the chicken in breast side down and brown for a few minutes on top of your stove. Turn over and brown on other side for another few minutes.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice over the chicken. Place the lemon in the cavity of the chicken and tuck in the legs and wings. Sprinkle the chicken with the remaining seasoned salt, pepper and parsley.
- Cover the Dutch oven and place in the oven for about 45 minutes. Remove lid and continue cooking for another 20 minutes or until the internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F using an instant read thermometer. The broiler can also be turned on for the last few minutes of cooking for crispier skin.
- Remove chicken and transfer to a cutting board. Let the chicken cool for about 10 minutes before carving.
- Lisa Grant
- Cooking Method:
- Easy Dinners, Family Meals and Snacks, Chicken, Roasted, Lemons, Easy, Dinners
- Related Recipes:
- Easy Dinner Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Roasted Recipes, Lemon Recipes, Easy Recipes, Dinner Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 6-8 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Lisa Grant
Recipe Yields: 6-8 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 85 minutes
Total Time: 95 minutes
Amount Per Serving