The best way to improve on classic Mac and Cheese? Make it even cheesier!
What’s better than Mac & Cheese? That’s a pretty tough question, but we have the answer for you! It's SIX Cheese Mac & Cheese, of course!
A great way to improve upon classic mac & cheese is to use a variety of flavorful cheeses, creating a luxurious and mouthwatering dinner.
While you can use any six of your favorite cheeses in this recipe, there are some cheeses that we'd particularly recommend!
Here are our favorites:
- Classic sharp cheddar: melts well and has a smooth creamy flavor
- Gruyere: deliciously nutty, this mature Swiss cheese adds a new dimension of flavor to Mac & Cheese
- Smoky gouda: this Dutch smoky cheese adds a meaty flavor, as well as being creamy and smooth
- Monterey Jack: originating in California, this cheese is wonderfully smooth, which creates a velvety melt, perfect for this Mac & Cheese!
- Brie: elegant and creamy, this decadent French cheese adds a touch of luxury to your Mac & Cheese
- Parmesan Reggiano: Nutty yet sweet, this Italian cheese adds a beautiful dimension to any pasta dish
With only 15 minutes prep time, this recipe can be whipped up even on those busy nights, which means you can add this to your recipe rota to enjoy often!
You can add yet another dimension of flavor to this tasty dish by creating a crispy top! Simply mix breadcrumbs (panko are best!) and butter with the shredded cheese you’ve set aside for the topping.
For more adventurous diners, add minced garlic to the topping for a slight bit of a heat, and an extra bite. Alternatively, add dijon mustard or mustard powder along with the cheese for a richer, more robust sauce.
Trying to get your kids to eat some extra veggies? Just dice them finely and add them to your Mac & Cheese! Why not include diced sun-dried tomatoes or caramelized onions in the mix for a uniquely delicious flavor?