Creamy Sundried Tomato Ravioli RecipeLisa Grant | Jersey Girl Cooks
A touch of cream and sun-dried tomatoes make these ravioli extra special. This ravioli for two is perfect for Valentine’s Day or double the recipe and it’s a special week night dinner for your family.
Refrigerated ravioli are a staple in my house. While I prefer homemade or fresh bought from the Italian specialty store, that is not always realistic.
There are many good brands in the grocery store which you can choose from.
There are packages of ravioli that contain fillings such as mushrooms, beef, butternut squash and spinach. I decided to use classic cheese in this recipe and top them with an easy-to-make creamy, sun-dried tomato sauce.
This is a nice light dish that is just perfect for Valentine’s Day. I will serve it with a winter salad beforehand and then save some room for dessert.
It’s not Valentine’s Day dinner without Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries or Cabernet Chocolate Pudding.
Or skip dessert and have a nice sweet cocktail after dinner. Some Boozy Peppermint Hot Chocolate will do just the trick for a sweet ending to your meal.
To make this dinner as easy as possible, I like to boil the ravioli in a large, deep frying pan. It’s easy to keep them in a single layer and there is less breakage than boiling them in a big pot.
Make sure to save a bit of pasta water to add when sautéing the sun dried tomatoes. Refrigerated ravioli cook really quick so be ready to have dinner on your table in no time!
This dish is garnished with dried herbs however fresh herbs are great to use if they are available. In the summer, I grow basil and parsley but in the winter I use dried herbs.
Either way, the ravioli have plenty of flavor. The sun-dried tomatoes give the sauce a tangy punch while light cream makes this a decadent dish.
I hope you will give this dinner a try. Try cooking this together with your sweetie on Valentine’s Day. Or any night of the week!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Creamy Sundried Tomato Ravioli Recipe
- 1 10 ounce package Fresh Cheese Ravioli
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1/3 cup Sundried Tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup Pasta Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1/3 cup Light Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Cook ravioli in a large frying pan of water according to package directions. Drain well and keep warm. Reserve 1/3 cup pasta water.
- In the large frying pan, melt butter on medium heat then add the sun-dried tomatoes. Saute for a few minutes or until soft.
- Add the reserved pasta water, garlic powder, dried basil, and tomato paste. Whisk to mix well and cook until mixture starts to simmer. Turn heat to low and stir in the cream.
- Mix well and cook for a minute or two until sauce thickens slightly. Gently add ravioli and spoon sauce over each one. Transfer to plates.
- Sprinkle with parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lisa Grant
- Easy Dinners, Dinners for Two, Valentine's Day, Italian, Pasta, Sauces, Cheese, Tomatoes
- Related Recipes:
- Easy Dinner Recipes, Dinners for Two Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Italian Recipes, Pasta Recipes, Sauce Recipes, Cheese Recipes, Tomato Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 2 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Lisa Grant
Recipe Yields: 2 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Amount Per Serving