Creamy Asparagus Pasta RecipeJennifer W. | The Scrumptious Pumpkin
Creamy Asparagus Pasta welcomes spring with this dish. So delicious.
Considering all of the pasta recipes I’ve ever created, this creamy one pot asparagus pasta is one of my all-time favorites. It’s healthy and packed with lots of nutrient-rich spring vegetables like asparagus and mushrooms. So this pasta happens to be light on calories (about 280 calories per serving) while also filled with detoxifying fiber (25% DV per serving) and skin-smoothing calcium (29% DV per serving) and vitamin A (15% DV per serving).
But yet, at the same time, it tastes like the most flavorful, creamy, indulgent bowlful of pasta.
One other big bonus? This pasta is cooked all in one pot, so it’s simple and quick to make (it’s ready in about 30 minutes), with an easy cleanup.
To begin, just toss plenty of whole wheat linguine into a big stockpot filled with three cups of water. Toss in a bit of minced garlic and chopped shallot, partially cover the pot, and bring the water to a boil.
Then toss some freshly chopped asparagus and crimini mushrooms into the pot after most of the water is boiled away and the pasta is nearly tender. To keep the mushrooms fresh and tender and the asparagus crisp and vivid green, these spring veggies will only need a few minutes of cooking time.
Next, the secret to plenty of creamy, rich, indulgent flavor: grate up plenty of real parmesan cheese! And, when the pasta is al dente and the water has all been absorbed, remove the pot from the heat and stir it in. The warmth from the pasta will melt the cheese right in – delicious!
Also add a bit of mascarpone (Italian cream). I love mascarpone because, as compared to, say, butter or cream cheese, it’s lighter in fat and calories. But yet a small dollop adds the most scrumptious, rich, creamy texture to the pasta.
This pasta has the perfect combination of crisp, fresh spring asparagus and rich, creamy parmesan flavor. It’s nice to enjoy a generous helping of creamy pasta while at the same time knowing you’re eating something really fresh and nutritious too!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Creamy Asparagus Pasta Recipe
- 12 ounces Whole Wheat Linguine
- 3 cups Water
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Shallot, Diced
- 1 pound Asparagus, Ends removed and sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 6 ounces Cremini Mushrooms, Thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Sundried Tomatoes, Diced
- 3 tablespoons Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, Freshly grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Add the linguine, water, garlic, and shallot to a large stockpot. Season with salt and pepper. Partially cover and bring water to a boil. Remove cover and adjust to a simmer. Add asparagus and mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often with a wooden spoon, until pasta is al dente and water is absorbed, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat, and add sun dried tomatoes, mascarpone, and grated parmesan. Stir until well combined, and serve.
- Jennifer W.
- Cooking Method:
- Healthy Eating
- Healthy Eating, One Pot Meals, Pasta, Italian, Asparagus, Sauces, Easy Dinners, Dinners, Simmered
- Related Recipes:
- Healthy Eating Recipes, One Pot Meal Recipes, Pasta Recipes, Italian Recipes, Asparagu Recipes, Sauce Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Simmered Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 6 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Jennifer W.
Recipe Yields: 6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 27 minutes
Amount Per Serving