Cobb Salad Wrap RecipeTanya Schroeder | Lemons for Lulu
Cobb Salad Wrap makes for an easy and delicious lunch or dinner. Filling and satisfying!
The last live Seinfeld episode aired 18 years ago, yet I think about that show almost daily. I constantly see or hear something that will remind me of an old episode.
When I see a Penske truck: I think of the Penske file.
Someone winks, I think of George with the grapefruit in his eye. I hear mulligatawny; I think of the soup man. I see a ruffled shirt and I think of the puffy shirt episode, or I hear big salad, I think of Elaine.
Clearly, I’ve seen way too many Seinfeld episodes!
Let’s go back to that big salad. That’s what I think of when I hear Cobb salad. Cobb salads are loaded with all kinds of good things like ham, chicken, hard-boiled eggs, bacon, cheese, avocados, tomatoes, and of course a heaping pile of lettuce.
In other words, Cobb is a very, very big salad.
While we all love a good salad, not everyone wants to eat a BIG salad and sometimes you need to take things on the go. Which is why I came up with this simple, yet manageable Cobb salad wrap.
I streamlined the flavors of the classic salad and surrounded those flavors with an herb-flavored wrap. These sandwiches are filled with lettuce, shredded chicken, bacon, hard boiled eggs, blue cheese, tomatoes and avocados; you see - all the necessary elements are present in this easy to throw together sandwich.
I also added French fried onions; they add flavor and texture, plus they are just fun to eat. I then drizzled each sandwich with a simple balsamic dressing before rolling them all up.
These wraps are a delicious and portable way to enjoy a “big” Cobb salad. They are filling and satisfying too! It was so easy turning that “big salad” into a good sandwich; maybe I can do the same with the mulligatawny soup.
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Cobb Salad Wrap Recipe
- 4 Italian Herb Wraps
- 4 teaspoons Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Romaine Lettuce
- 1 cup Cooked Shredded Chicken
- 4 slices Cooked Bacon
- 3-4 Roma Tomatoes, Sliced
- 4 tablespoons Crumbled Blue Cheese
- 3 Hard-Boiled Eggs, Sliced
- 1 Avocado, Sliced
- 4 tablespoons French Fried Onions
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- pinch of Salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 clove Garlic, Minced
- Spread each wrap with a teaspoon of mayonnaise.
- Layer lettuce over mayo followed by chicken, bacon, tomatoes, blue cheese crumbles, hard-boiled egg slices and avocado slices.
- Sprinkle French fried onions over top.
For the Dressing:
- Whisk together olive, vinegar, salt, Worcestershire sauce and garlic in a small bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over meat and vegetables.
- Carefully fold wrap over fillings.
- Cut and serve.
- Tanya Schroeder
- Cooking Method:
- No Cook
- Sandwiches, Wraps, Lunches, Easy Dinners, Salads, Chicken, Bacon, Cheese, Eggs, No Cook, Dressings
- Related Recipes:
- Sandwich Recipes, Wrap Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes, Salad Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Bacon Recipes, Cheese Recipes, Egg Recipes, No Cook Recipes, Dressing Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 4 servings
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Tanya Schroeder
Recipe Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Amount Per Serving