Cinnamon Chip Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies RecipeAlaina Doyle | Fabtastic Eats
Cinnamon Chip Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies bring an extra special cookie to your holiday season. Cranberries, oatmeal, and cinnamon chips-yum!
I can’t believe it’s this time of year again! The holidays, loaded with family and friends, love and laughter, a whole lotta food and a ridiculous amount of desserts! My favorite time of year… and not just for the permission to overindulge a bit!
I love the atmosphere, the crazy shoppers, the Christmas music playing throughout the stores. The lights and decorations strewn up around the malls and various town centers make me simply gleeful. The scents of evergreen, and sweet mint from candy canes are addicting. The cozy scarves and over-sized sweaters, the eggnog!, the food, the traditions and celebrations, the holiday parties and sparkles everywhere, and don’t forget about allll that holiday baking!
I find myself trying to survive off cookies, cakes, butternut squash, coffee, and wine this time of year, oh and a little eggnog mixed in there! ;) I feel like people either love or hate eggnog, and I , for one, am a huge lover of it. Wherever you come down on eggnog, you should try baking with it. It's awesome.
Cookies are one of my favorite things to bake year round, but at Christmas, it’s even more fun. The flavors, the sugar cookie decorating parties, the holiday spirit mixed into the dough just makes them that much better, and making platters of cookies to bring to your friends and neighbors, is way too much fun, and a great way to spread the Christmas cheer!
Add these cinnamon chip cranberry oatmeal cookies to your gift boxes this year. They’re soft and chewy on the inside, and slightly crisp along the edges, they’re sweet, with a little tart from the fresh cranberries, and most importantly, they taste fantastic! Enjoy!
Time to organize your cookie trays, friends! Along with Alaina's chewy, wonderful oatmeal cookies, make sure you check out Jamie's orange cranberry cookies and Rachel's red velvet cookies too!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Cinnamon Chip Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cranberries, Roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Cinnamon Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugars until smooth.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until creamy. Add the cinnamon and nutmeg and mix.
- Pour in the oats, flour, salt, and baking soda, and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the cranberries and cinnamon chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop, drop the dough onto prepared baking sheet at least 2 inches apart. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until cooked through. Rest for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
- Alaina Doyle
- Cooking Method:
- Cookies, Baking, Baked, Christmas, Cranberries, Oatmeal, Desserts
- Related Recipes:
- Cookie Recipes, Baking Recipes, Baked Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Cranberry Recipes, Oatmeal Recipes, Dessert Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 24 small cookies
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Alaina Doyle
Recipe Yields: 24 small cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Amount Per Serving