Chopped Salad RecipeLisa Grant | Jersey Girl Cooks
An easy chopped salad recipe with Greek influences. We're certain this will become a family favorite!
Have you ever had one of “those” mornings? You know the type I am talking about, right? The day starts where one of your kids misses the school bus and you can’t find your car keys. After finally getting them to school you stop to get a well- deserved cup of coffee and you lock your keys in the car.
Everyone has had one of those mornings. I’ve had more than I care to remember. So I pick myself up and head straight to the gym to work my frustrations out. Then I come home and make myself a chopped salad.
There are certain days where I love to chop. This morning was one of them. Somehow chopping vegetables eases any tension I have. When I am rewarded with a bright colorful Greek chopped salad, I forget about the bad morning I had. It's especially satisfying when you have a super sharp knife. Talk about chopping the stress away!
I always seem to have the ingredients for this salad in my refrigerator so it goes on my lunch menu often. You can use any type of cooked chicken. Grilled, poached, rotisserie or this roasted chicken recipe all work well. On Sunday nights, I often poach a few chicken breasts in broth and keep them for a quick lunch or dinner. They are great in sandwiches, wraps or this salad.
I love salads that only require a fork and this is one of them. There are times when I have ordered a salad in a restaurant and the big pieces of food need to be cut up. The minute you start cutting, the salad goes flying off the plate and some ends up in your lap. A chopped salad avoids all that and most of the salads I make at home are chopped.
I toss all the ingredients together with the dressing except the lettuce and olives. The mixed ingredients are served on a bed of lettuce to keep the lettuce from getting soggy. I add the olives last for all the olive haters I know. I am not sure what there is not to love about olives, but I do know not everyone likes them. I'm fine with it though, because it means there are more for my salad!
This would be great served with French bread on the side. You can use a piece to soak up the delicious dressing. Put Greek Chopped Salad on your menu this week!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Chopped Salad Recipe
IngredientsFor the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Diced Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup Cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup Red Pepper, or yellow peppers, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Cooked Shredded Chicken
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese
- 1 cup Garbanzo Beans
- 1/3 cup Kalamata Olives, pitted and cut in half
- In a small bowl, whisk together, oil, lemon juice, honey, oregano, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, peppers, chicken, feta and garbanzo beans.
- Pour the dressing over the mixture and mix well.
- Divide the lettuce in half and place on 2 plates. Top with the chicken and vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with olives.
- Serve immediately.
- Lisa Grant
- Cooking Method:
- No Cook
- Salads, Easy Dinners, Easy, Greek, Vegetables, Chicken, Beans, Leftover Rotisserie Chicken, Rotisserie Chicken, No Cook
- Related Recipes:
- Salad Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes, Easy Recipes, Greek Recipes, Vegetable Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Bean Recipes, Leftover Rotisserie Chicken Recipes, Rotisserie Chicken Recipes, No Cook Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 2 large salads or 4 side salads
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Posts:
Author: Lisa Grant
Recipe Yields: 2 large salads or 4 side salads
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Amount Per Serving