Chocolate Hazelnut Crinkle Cookies RecipeNancy Piran | The Bitter Side of Sweet
Chocolate Hazelnut Crinkle Cookies are impossible to resist. They're made with the sweet addition of hazelnut spread,
When it comes to cookie baking over the holidays, we typically have a list that we stick to every year. What I’ve added to my list over the last few years are crinkle cookies.
Crinkle cookies were definitely not on our Christmas baking list growing up. I actually had never heard of them until a few years ago.
I decided to introduce them to my family this year but made them with a twist.
Nutella or chocolate hazelnut spread was a huge part of my husband's childhood growing up in Italy. I knew that he would love the flavor of these cookies
What is chocolate hazelnut spread?
Typically it’s referred to as Nutella, but there are so many other brands now that I left it generic in the recipe so you are free to buy any brand.
This spread is a sweet, creamy chocolate flavored spread that is made with roasted hazelnuts.
It’s the best! You should really try it!
If you ever get the chance to try it in Europe, do it! The flavor is a little different than the one you might get here in the U.S.A.
How to make chocolate hazelnut crinkle cookies:
This is the easy part. These come together almost like the consistency of a brownie.
So, it will be thick and sticky. Then the dough gets put in the refrigerator.
Once it chills, you roll the dough in balls and roll it in powdered sugar. A little messy, but well worth it.
Do I have to chill the dough?
I can’t stress this enough, but yes, you need to chill the dough. It really helps the dough becomes less sticky and helps you when it’s time to put it into the powdered sugar.
Are there other types of crinkle cookies?
Yes, there are! I’ve seen red velvet, caramel, lemon, peanut butter, coconut. Really the possibilities are endless! Go crazy!
If you are looking for more cookies to bake this season how about these cranberry white chocolate chip cookies or these white chocolate oatmeal raisin cookies.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Chocolate Hazelnut Crinkle Cookies Recipe
- 2/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 °F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl whisk together sugar and eggs.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and cocoa powder. Add to egg mixture. Stir well.
- Add vanilla and chocolate hazelnut spread. Stir.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon cookie dough and roll into powdered sugar.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 2 minutes then remove from sheet and continue to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Serve and ENJOY!
- Nancy Piran
- Cooking Method:
- Cookies, Easy Desserts, Desserts, Christmas, Holidays, Homemade Gifts, Baking, Baked, Chocolate, Hazelnuts
- Related Recipes:
- Cookie Recipes, Easy Dessert Recipes, Dessert Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Holiday Recipes, Homemade Gift Recipes, Baking Recipes, Baked Recipes, Chocolate Recipes, Hazelnut Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 16 cookies
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Chilling Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Nancy Piran
Recipe Yields: 16 cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Amount Per Serving