Chocolate Guinness Float RecipeKim Beaulieu | Cravings of a Lunatic
Chocolate Guinness Float would be perfect for sipping this St. Patrick's Day. Enjoy this chocolaty boozy concoction all year long!
Nothing makes me happier than chocolate. Nothing.
I'd like to say there are other things that make my heart soar like chocolate does, but I would be lying. Chocolate is my one true love.
There's something very special about the calming effect of chocolate. For me, a little chocolate every single day keeps a smile on my face and my nerves in check.
When I realized St. Patrick's Day was fast approaching, I knew I had to whip up some tasty recipes using Guinness. I had my hubs pick some up for me on his way home.
My head was spinning with possibilities for it. I could make brownies, or cake, or perhaps a nice cookie. Then I had a rough weekend that left my head spinning.
So instead of comfort food made with Guinness, I made a comfort drink instead. That's right, you heard that correctly.
There is such a thing as a "comfort drink".
Once upon a time I used to work in a little restaurant in my home town. We made Greek food, and submarines.
I'm not sure why, but we were famous for our drinks.
Those drinks did not contain alcohol back then. They were simple drinks that didn't require an alcohol license.
We were famous for our milkshakes and floats.
I had a knack for making them. Probably because of my love of ice cream combined with caffeine. Sugar + caffeine = happy customers.
Plus, a happy worker.
After-hours in our small town were pretty boring. So we had to get creative.
At parties my friends would ask me to make boozy floats for them. I had mad boozy float skills.
I still have mad boozy float skills, although I don't drink like I did "back in the day". However, all bets are off for St. Paddy's Day.
Drinks are a requirement.
Guinness is a given for St. Patrick's Day so I knew I had to make a Guinness Float. Since I'm the chocolate fanatic, that float needed to contain chocolate.
I whipped up some chocolate Guinness floats to take the edge of a crazy weekend. Needless to say they were a hit. I mean boozy chocolate floats... who can resist? No one!
Hope you enjoy these. If you cannot partake because of the alcohol you can totally substitute Root Beer, or Coke, or even Cherry Coke for a fun twist. Enjoy!
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Chocolate Guinness Float Recipe
- 4 giant scoops Chocolate Ice Cream, Best quality available
- 2 teaspoons Chocolate Extract
- 2 teaspoons Chocolate Syrup
- 6 ounces Guinness Draught, Cold
- Grab two Guinness glasses. Scoop 2 giant scoops of ice cream in each glass.
- Add 1 teaspoon of chocolate extract into each glass.
- Add 1 teaspoon of chocolate syrup into each glass.
- Pop the top on a cold Guinness and pour half a can in each glass slowly. I like to pause occasionally and give a little stir.
- Serve with a big old chocolate loving smile!
- Kim Beaulieu
- Boozy Desserts
- Chocolate, Frozen Drinks, Beer, Boozy Desserts, St. Patrick's Day, Party Food, Desserts
- Related Recipes:
- Chocolate Recipes, Frozen Drink Recipes, Beer Recipes, Boozy Dessert Recipes, St. Patrick's Day Recipes, Party Food Recipes, Dessert Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 2 servings
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Kim Beaulieu
Recipe Yields: 2 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Amount Per Serving