Chocolate Dipped Lemon Oreo Ice Cream Bars RecipeRachael Dart | Spache the Spatula
Chocolate Dipped Lemon Oreo Ice Cream Bars have the crisp, tart taste of lemon all covered in chocolate. The sprinkles make them...
This would be one of those recipes that fall into the “stupid easy” category. You know, the kind that require minimal effort and sometimes (like in this case) use some pre-made ingredients. But, this recipe is also stupid delicious, and one of the best lemon desserts I’ve ever tried (though this one is probably equally delicious, but requires significantly more effort)!
This does require a lot of freezing time, as you pretty much have to pop it back in the freezer for a couple hours after each step, but there is barely any actual hands-on time.
It starts with a lemon Oreo base that is just TWO ingredients: lemon Oreos and melted butter. They’re ground together in a food processor, then pressed into a square dish. You have to allow it to firm up in the freezer a bit, but then that is topped with a pint of softened lemon gelato.
You could totally use another flavor here if you want, maybe strawberry? Then they’d have a strawberry-lemonade kinda flavor! Heck, you could even swap the lemon Oreos out for any kind you want and make whole new flavor profiles. Feel free to get creative!
After another trip to the freezer, you’re ready to dunk ’em in the melted chocolate of your choice. I tend to prefer the white chocolate with the lemon, but go with what tastes best to you!
Naturally, I had to finish these off with some cute confetti and star sprinkles because, like I’ve said before, “Sprinkles make everything better!” Depending on the sprinkles you use, you could make them fit any occasion or holiday.
These got two thumbs up from my taste-testers, and people actually refused to believe that they were insanely easy to make---always a great sign!
We love easy lemon recipes - especially Aimee's lemon meringue fudge recipe and Kate's lemon ricotta muffins!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Chocolate Dipped Lemon Oreo Ice Cream Bars Recipe
- 20 Lemon Oreos
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 1 pint Lemon Gelato, Or ice cream
- 16 Lollipop Sticks
- 2 pounds Chocolate, (I used half white chocolate and half bittersweet chocolate)
- 2 teaspoons Coconut Oil
- In your food processor, pulse together the lemon Oreos and melted butter until the mixture is like wet sand (a few slightly larger chunks here and there are fine).
- Line an 8”x8” or 9”x9” square pan with aluminum foil. Press the Oreo crumbs into and even layer on the bottom. Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- Allow a pint of lemon gelato to soften to a spreadable consistency. Spread in an even layer over the frozen Oreo crust and return to the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Using a very shark knife, cut into 16 bars. Press a lollipop stick into each bar, straight into the gelato (this is much easier than trying to skewer it…just let it kinda melt into the gelato). Try to get it to the bottom of the gelato layer, but don’t break through the Oreo layer. Return to the freezer for at least 2 more hours.
- In a large bowl (or 2 bowls if you’re using two different chocolates), combine the chocolate and coconut oil. Melt in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir well, and then return to the microwave for 15-second increments, stirring well after each time, until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Remove the bars from the freezer and dunk into the melted chocolate, using a spoon to fully coat each bar. Working quickly, add your sprinkles to your still warm chocolate (it will harden up quickly when it comes into contact with the cold bars), doing one bar at a time.
- Freeze the bars until solid and chocolate is set.
- Rachael Dart
- Ice Cream, Desserts, Frozen Treats, Oreos, Easy, Summer
- Related Recipes:
- Ice Cream Recipes, Dessert Recipes, Frozen Treat Recipes, Oreo Recipes, Easy Recipes, Summer Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 16 ice cream bars
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Rachael Dart
Recipe Yields: 16 ice cream bars
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 300 minutes
Amount Per Serving