Cherry Blueberry French Toast Bake RecipeJocelyn Brubaker | Inside BruCrew Life
Cherry Blueberry French Toast Bake will be a festive welcome to your morning this weekend. Totally colorful and delicious.
Fresh fruit adds a pop of color and flavor to this cherry blueberry French toast bake. Make sure you buy a few extra boxes or bags of fruit the next time you go shopping, so you can try this fun new breakfast dish.
Lately we have been all about the fruit. Every time we go grocery shopping, we come home with boxes of blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries.
The other day I saw fresh cherries at the store, so a bag of those ended up in the cart too.
Most of the time I cannot keep the fruit monsters out of the fruit before I can bake with it. Not that I think that’s a problem.
With all the sugary sweets that come out of our kitchen, I am thankful our kids like to grab fruit instead of cake. Having fresh fruit available is also great for making fruit parfaits or smoothies when we need a quick breakfast or snack.
Thank goodness when I had an idea to make a berry French toast casserole, there were still some cherries and blueberries left in our refrigerator. I think the berry thieves must be slacking this week because fruit never lasts that long around here.
A few years ago I made this cherry chocolate French toast with leftover bagels, and since there were a few blueberry bagels hiding in the back of the fridge, I decided it was time to try that again. The extra blueberry in the bagels added a little more flavor and color to this breakfast bake, making it a perfect morning treat for the 4th of July.
I like to start by slicing the bagels into bite-sized pieces, then toasting them in the oven for a few minutes. This gets the bread ready to soak up the egg mixture easier.
Let it sit for 20 minutes, and then it is ready to be baked. An hour later you can be devouring a plate of this French toast bake with some pancake syrup drizzled on top.
Adding more fresh fruit on top is also delicious.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Cherry Blueberry French Toast Bake Recipe
- 4 large Blueberry Bagels
- 4 tablespoons Butter, Melted
- 1 1/4 cups Milk
- 4 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Pure Almond Extract
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Fresh Cherries, Pitted and quartered
- 1 cup Fresh Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the bagels into bite-sized pieces. Place on a baking sheet and toast for 8-10 minutes.
- Place the bagels in a large bowl and drizzle with the melted butter.
- Whisk together the milk, eggs, extract, and sugar. Pour over the bagels and toss until everything is coated. Let the mixture sit for 20 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 8x8 baking dish. Cover with foil and bake at 350°F degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue baking for another 35 minutes.
- Serve warm with syrup or fresh fruit.
- Jocelyn Brubaker
- Cooking Method:
- Breakfasts, Brunches, Baked, Casseroles, Baking, French Toast, Cherries, Blueberries, Summer, 4th of July
- Related Recipes:
- Breakfast Recipes, Brunch Recipes, Baked Recipes, Casserole Recipes, Baking Recipes, French Toast Recipes, Cherry Recipes, Blueberry Recipes, Summer Recipes, 4th of July Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 9 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Jocelyn Brubaker
Recipe Yields: 9 servings
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 95 minutes
Amount Per Serving