Carne Asada Steak Tacos with Fries RecipeMeghan Yager | Cake 'n Knife
Carne Asada Steak Tacos with Fries have all your favorite carne asada fries flavors, in handheld form! The spicy, rich carne asada steak will blow your taste buds away with complex flavors, piled underneath avocado, red onion, and most importantly… FRIES. Can you say taco party?!
I am oh-so embarrassed to say… I never had carne aside fries until the big 3-0.
Yikes, I know.
I actually had never even heard of them (*shudders*) until we moved over to our new house and new neighborhood.
Every time we drove to the new house to work on the cabinets or to paint one of the five thousand rooms, we would pass a little hole in the wall Mexican place that always had a line. A LONG line.
Of course, the idea of having a good taco place nearby that’s open 24 hours a day had me freaking out, so I looked them up.
There among hundreds of reviews were ravings about their carne asada fries.
I immediately asked the Man “what the heck are carne asada fries??”
He was shocked that Miss Foodie, Miss I-Cook-and-Eat-All-the-Things didn’t know. Once he gave me the low down (or down low? What are the kids saying these days? Good lord I’m old…), I knew where we were going for dinner.
Carne asada fries are just as they sound – carne asada steak piled on top of fries with all the fixings from guacamole to hot sauce, lettuce to salsa, and of course a ton of cheese.
Unfortunately, such a delicious dish is not handheld, and with us deep into tailgating season, I needed to change this immediately.
Carne asada steak tacos with fries are my favorite carne asada fries, wrapped up in a little corn tortilla.
The carne asada sauce/marinade is incredibly simple to make (you just blend it all together and throw it in a bag with steak!) and it gives the steak SO much spicy, rich depth of flavor.
When you pair that with cooling avocado, the bite of red onion, the salty queso fresco, savory golden fries and a bright squeeze of lime, you have a taco that hits all the flavor sections of your taste buds.
Carne asada fries? NAH, gimme ALL THE TACOS.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Carne Asada Steak Tacos with Fries Recipe
IngredientsFor the Carne Asada Steak:
- 3 Dried Ancho Chiles, (whole)
- 2 Dried Pequin Chiles, (whole)
- 2 Chipotle Peppers, (whole), canned in adobo
- 1/2 cup Fresh Orange Juice, 2-3 oranges
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce, (dark)
- 6 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- 1 tablespoon Cumin Seeds, (whole)
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Canola Oil
- 1 1/2-2 pounds Sirloin Steak
- tortillas Corn Tortilla
- French Fries, cooked golden brown
- Red Onion, diced
- Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- Crumbled Queso Fresco
- Add dried ancho chiles and dried pequin chiles to a small bowl. Microwave for approximately 10-20 seconds. Remove tops.
- Add softened chiles to a blender with chipotle peppers, orange juice, lime juice, olive oil, dark soy sauce, garlic, cilantro leaves, cumin seeds, brown sugar and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Place the steak in a ziplock bag and add in the adobo sauce. Cover the steak well and refrigerator overnight to marinate.
- When ready to cook, remove steak from marinade and reserve the marinade for later. Cut the steak into bite-size pieces.
- Heat a cast iron pan over medium-high heat with 1 tsp canola oil. Once hot, add the steak pieces with the reserved marinade. Cook until medium rare, approximately 2-3 minutes for medium rare. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To assemble the tacos, add 5-6 pieces of carne asada steak to a corn tortilla. Top with chopped avocado, red onion, fries, queso fresco and cilantro. Serve immediately.
- Meghan Yager
- Cooking Method:
- Tex Mex
- Avocados, Tacos, Tex Mex, French Fries, Potatoes, Beef, Peppers, Spicy, Tortillas, Onions, Sauteed
- Related Recipes:
- Avocado Recipes, Taco Recipes, Tex Mex Recipes, French Fry Recipes, Potato Recipes, Beef Recipes, Pepper Recipes, Spicy Recipes, Tortilla Recipes, Onion Recipes, Sauteed Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 4 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Marinating Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Meghan Yager
Recipe Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 735 minutes
Amount Per Serving