Butterscotch Fudge is smooth and a delight to your taste buds. Makes plenty for you and to give away!
Sometimes it’s the most simple of flavors that tempt our taste buds. For me, that flavor is BUTTERSCOTCH.
As I was wracking my brain about what my next fudge recipe should be… BUTTERSCOTCH FUDGE just kept jumping out at me.
I wanted to come up with something fun, and festive, and maybe add nuts, or chocolate, or sprinkles, but you know what? This simple (possibly boring looking) fudge is perfect.
It doesn’t need anything drizzled over the top. No chunky nuts to chew on. And it definitely doesn’t need sprinkles. The rich flavor of butterscotch is absolutely perfect.
I may or may not have had a slight problem with over-eating when it came to this treat, which is why I enlisted my friends on facebook to help out! One simple shout out “FREE FUDGE TO GOOD HOME” was all I needed to do to share the love of this delicious dessert with my friends.
Within the hour I was able to rid my home of this treat. But between you and I, (well, and I guess the internet), I kept a little bowl in the back of my fridge for later.
A few notes about making fudge:
- Have all your ingredients on hand before starting. Line an 8inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add your butterscotch morsels and marshmallow cream to a mixing bowl before starting (no need to stir, just dump them in there).
- When you boil your sugar, cream and butter mixture bring it to a ROLLING BOIL. No need for a candy thermometer, just set a timer for 4 minutes. Stirring constantly, continue to boil.
- After 4 minutes, pour this hot mixture over your butterscotch and marshmallow. Using an electric mixer, blend until smooth (and butterscotch is melted). Mine takes about 1 minute. Immediately pour into prepared baking dish.
- REFRIGERATE for 3-4 hours until firm. Slice and enjoy. This can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature, however, I LOVE the butterscotch flavor chilled!
Who will YOU make this fudge for today?
Check out some of my other favorite truffle and candy recipes!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!