Blueberry Cream Coffee Cake RecipeJocelyn Brubaker | Inside BruCrew Life
Blueberry Cream Coffee Cake is a sweet start to your day. Perfect for the mother in your life!
Our children might be becoming breakfast snobs over here. Apparently I have been making too many things with chocolate for breakfast because this cake got the evil eye from a few of them. They kept asking where the chocolate cinnamon rolls were?
I think that just means more cake for me. And when that cake is a coffee cake, it becomes fair game for breakfast time. There is something so comforting about a slice of coffee cake and a big steamy mug of coffee in the morning.
Since I enjoyed this coffee cake so much, I am going to request it again for Mother's Day. And by request it, I really mean make it again for myself to indulge on while my family does yard work for me.
Do you have any fun plans to celebrate with your mother? We usually spend the day going to church, eating lunch, and then buying new plants for the flowerbeds. After we get in as many new plants as we can, we end the day with a campfire. Maybe we will even make another pan of these toasted marshmallow cheesecake brownies to enjoy by the fire.
This coffee cake has all sorts of good stuff going on inside it. There is the bottom layer of cake, which has this buttery crumb texture that just melts in your mouth. Then on top of that I alternated lines of cheesecake and blueberry pie filling, but you can swirl it together if you like.
To take the cake one step farther, you are going to cover the top of everything with a crumble topping. And because this cake doesn't have enough sugar going on in it, a simple glaze drizzled on top finishes it off and makes it so pretty!
This is perfect for enjoying on any random weekend for sure, but I highly suggest making a pan of this for your mother. She definitely would enjoy a giant slice with her coffee while you do some chores for her.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Blueberry Cream Coffee Cake Recipe
IngredientsFor the Cake:
- 1 cup Butter, Softened
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 21 ounces Blueberry Pie Filling
- 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Oatmeal
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Butter, Melted
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the egg, vanilla, and sour cream and beat again.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt. Slowly add to the butter mixture until mixed in. Spread in a greased 9x13 glass dish. Set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add the egg and beat again.
- Spread the cheesecake and pie filling in alternating lines over the top of the cake batter in the pan.
- Mix together the topping ingredients and sprinkle over the top of the pie filling and cheesecake. Bake at 350°F for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. Cool.
- Mix together the powdered sugar and lemon juice and drizzle over the top of the cake. Cut into 24 squares. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- Jocelyn Brubaker
- Cooking Method:
- Breakfasts, Brunches, Cakes, Quick, Easy, Baking, Baked, Blueberries
- Related Recipes:
- Breakfast Recipes, Brunch Recipes, Cake Recipes, Quick Recipes, Easy Recipes, Baking Recipes, Baked Recipes, Blueberry Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 24 pieces of cake
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Jocelyn Brubaker
Recipe Yields: 24 pieces of cake
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 80 minutes
Amount Per Serving