Blackberry Yogurt Muffins RecipeJocelyn Brubaker | Inside BruCrew Life
Blackberry Yogurt Muffins bring joy to your spring morning. Light and fluffy and absolutely good.
One of my favorite memories from when I was little is going berry picking. Every spring and summer we would pick strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. Of course as a kid, the best part was stuffing as many of those ripe juicy berries into your mouth instead of putting them in the bucket.
When I was really little, we lived in a house in a small neighborhood in the woods. Along the road in the front of the house were tons of wild blackberry and raspberry bushes. It was always so much fun to hike up the hills along the road and try to find those berries. I'm sure my mom was hoping we would come back with enough for a pie, but somehow those berries always disappeared first.
Of course, I actually never ate the raspberries and blackberries. I'm not a big fan of the seeds in my teeth. So, I'm going to blame all those missing berries on my younger brother and sisters.
Fast forward quite a few years, and now I take my kiddos berry picking in the spring and summer. I can now understand why those buckets seem to take forever to fill when I was little. The perks of being a parent is that I fill the buckets, while the kids fill their mouths and pick flowers.
I still do not like to eat blackberries fresh, but put them inside a soft, fluffy muffin, and I love them. Another way I found I like them is wrapped up with cream cheese, like in this blackberry lime cheesecake Danish. Blackberries are definitely growing on me more! Their juicy flavor is absolutely delicious.
Making muffins for breakfast happens all the time here. Sometimes they are full of goodness like these chocolate mocha muffins, but then other times I try to give them a few healthier additions. Baking with yogurt makes these muffins so fluffy and light! They still have sugar in them, so I can't say they are completely healthy. But at least there is a serving of dairy somewhere in there. And a little sprinkle of raw sugar, instead of glaze, keeps the calorie count a little bit lower, right?
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Blackberry Yogurt Muffins Recipe
- 1/2 cup Canola Oil, Or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Blackberries, Fresh, cut in half
- Turbinado Sugar, For topping
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Beat the oil and sugars until it looks like wet sand. Add the eggs, vanilla, and yogurt and beat again.
- Stir together the cinnamon, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly mix into the wet mixture until it is combined.
- Very carefully stir in the blackberries so they do not get smashed.
- Spoon the muffin mixture into a greased muffin tin.
- Use all the batter to only fill 15 cups.
- Sprinkle the tops of the batter with the turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- Cool in the muffin tins for 2-3 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in a sealed container on the counter.
- Jocelyn Brubaker
- Cooking Method:
- Breakfasts, Brunches, Muffins, Blackberries, Yogurt, Easy, Quick Bread, Baked
- Related Recipes:
- Breakfast Recipes, Brunch Recipes, Muffin Recipes, Blackberry Recipes, Yogurt Recipes, Easy Recipes, Quick Bread Recipes, Baked Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 15 muffins
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Jocelyn Brubaker
Recipe Yields: 15 muffins
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 33 minutes
Amount Per Serving