Blackberry Mojito Sangria RecipeSusan Palmer | Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
Blackberry Mojito Sangria is a refreshing, gorgeously hued cocktail. Just what you need to welcome the warmer weather!
I can’t believe I’m going to say this, but this winter was actually quite nice - at least for those of us living on the East Coast! It was unseasonable warm, with a number of spring-like days teasing us throughout the season, making me ready to go for the official start of spring even more than usual.
It’s been so warm in fact, that I’ve already spotted the first bulbs popping up weeks ahead of schedule. These “warmer” temperatures and the promise of flowers dotting the sidewalks soon has put me in the mood for lighter foods and cocktails.
I’m done with the heavy winter comfort foods, bring me greens, asparagus, rhubarb and the first inkling of berries of the season.
It’s time to shed the winter coats and step outside again for picnics and barbecues!
What says let’s get together for an outdoor party more than sangria? What I love about sangria is that flavor combinations are endless.
This blackberry mojito sangria is actually combining two drinks into one, for a cocktail that is light and fresh for the season. It’s filled with plenty of fresh blackberries, mint, lime, a healthy splash of rum and dry white wine.
This is the perfect cocktail to sip on all afternoon long.
Traditionally mojitos are made by muddling mint leaves, lime juice and sugar together before finishing with white rum and club soda. This sangria incorporates most of the mojito ingredients, except swapping out our cane sugar for agave to make a cocktail that’s a little less sweet.
But it lets the other ingredients shine on through.
Next up is mixing in our wine and letting it all marinate together for a few hours before serving. By letting the sangria sit the ingredients have time to blend together for a refreshing, gorgeously hued cocktail.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Blackberry Mojito Sangria Recipe
- 6 ounces Fresh Blackberries, plus more for garnish
- 30 Mint Leaves, approximately, plus more for garnish
- 4 Limes
- 1/3 cup Light Agave Nectar
- 1/2 cup White Rum
- 1 bottle Dry White Wine
- Club Soda
- Ice Cubes
- Add the blackberries, mint, juice of 2 limes and agave to a pitcher and muddle until the blackberries release their juices and the mint is fragrant.
- Stir in the white rum and wine and slice the remaining two limes to add to the pitcher.
- Let the sangria sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
- When ready to serve, fill the pitcher with ice and top with club soda.
- Serve in glasses garnished with additional mint leaves and blackberries.
- Susan Palmer
- Cocktails, Drinks, Wine, Rum, Summer, Party Food, Blackberries, Mint, Easy
- Related Recipes:
- Cocktail Recipes, Drink Recipes, Wine Recipes, Rum Recipes, Summer Recipes, Party Food Recipes, Blackberry Recipes, Mint Recipes, Easy Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 6 servings
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Susan Palmer
Recipe Yields: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 70 minutes
Amount Per Serving