Beef Lombardi RecipeTanya Schroeder | Lemons for Lulu
Beef Lombardi is a freezer-friendly one pot meal everyone will love. Comfort in one meal, right here!
One of the most touching things about having a baby was having people deliver meals after my first baby was born. I was one of the first of my friends to have kids, so it never occurred to me that people would pamper me with food.
It was the loveliest feeling, having neighbors and friends waltz into my home with casseroles. I didn't even care what it was, I was happy to have a homemade meal ready to go.
With my second baby, the food still arrived, but there weren't quite as many. And by the third kid, I think I was pretty much my dropping hints to my friends that I really wanted someone to cook for me.
I am sure I sounded desperate, but I wanted to be pampered and loved on. Is that so wrong?
One of the most memorable baby dishes was a Beef Lombardi dish that my old college roommate delivered. It was saucy, beefy, and made with lots of noodles.
Her recipe had sour cream, black olives and seemed filled to the brim with good tasting ingredients.
It was filling and made me so, so, happy. I ate it for days (we were only a small family of three back then) and savored every bite.
It's been 14 years since I was introduced to that beef and noodles recipe and I only attempted to make it once until now.
Since I love one-pot meals (as you can tell by this One Pot Alice Springs Chicken Recipe or this One Pot Unstuffed Peppers recipe). This recipe remains fairly similar to the original recipe except it is not baked in a casserole dish.
Ground beef is cooked in a large deep skillet and seasoned with garlic, herbs, tomato paste, and diced tomatoes. The addition of beef broth provides enough liquid to cook up the egg noodles.
Top off this casserole with sour cream, black olives, and chives if you like!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Beef Lombardi Recipe
- 1 pound Lean Ground Beef
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 13 ounces Canned Petite Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups Beef Broth
- 16 ounces Egg Noodles
- 1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Black Olives
- Heat a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef, crumble and cook beef until no longer pink.
- Add garlic, basil, oregano, and salt. Stir in tomato paste and diced tomatoes and mix until combined.
- Add beef broth and bring to a boil and stir in egg noodles.
- Reduce heat and cover slightly (leave a little room for steam to escape. Cook mixture for 12-15 minutes or until mixture thickens and liquid has reduced.
- Stir in cheese just before serving. Garnish with sour cream and olives if desired.
- Tanya Schroeder
- Easy Dinners, One Pot Meals, Italian, Ground Beef, Pasta, Sauces, Tomatoes, Cheese, Comfort Food
- Related Recipes:
- Easy Dinner Recipes, One Pot Meal Recipes, Italian Recipes, Ground Beef Recipes, Pasta Recipes, Sauce Recipes, Tomato Recipes, Cheese Recipes, Comfort Food Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 6 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Tanya Schroeder
Recipe Yields: 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings Per Recipe 6
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 159Calories 361
% Daily Value*
31%Total Fat 20g
43%Saturated Fat 9g
6%Total Carbohydrate 18g
3%Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Value are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrition Facts are estimated based on ingredients and data provided by Fat Secret. Please consult a doctor if you have special dietary needs.