Banana Bread French Toast Sticks RecipeJocelyn Brubaker | Inside BruCrew Life
Banana Bread French Toast Sticks are a delicious and easy breakfast you can make ahead. Great for the days you dash out the door!
Now that school has been in session for over a month, the newness of "back to school" has worn off. Our kids were getting up extra early each morning, eating breakfast, and leaving with plenty of time to spare. The past week they have been hitting their snooze buttons more and more each day, trying to get a few extra minutes of sleep.
I have a feeling that one of these days, all of them will turn off the alarms, and they will be getting tardy marks. I guess I better make sure my alarm is set early too. Now that all three of our kids are older, we don't have to get up as early to help them get ready.
As much as I hate that they are growing up, I do enjoy certain aspects of having older kids. Not having to get up early is a definite perk.
Since I'm not a morning person, I have to make sure there are breakfast goodies either on the counter or in the freezer the day before.
There is never a shortage of bananas in our house, so I make a batch of double chocolate banana muffins at least once a month. The other weeks, I usually use up the ripe bananas on sour cream banana bread.
Last week I made two loaves of that quick bread, just so I could do something fun with the extra loaf. We usually have boxes of frozen French toast sticks in the freezer for the kids to heat up in a hurry, but this week I cut the extra bread into sticks, dipped them in eggs, and fried them in a skillet with butter.
Holy cow! I may never eat the plain ones again because the banana ones were so good! These banana bread French toast sticks will keep in the fridge for at least 5 days making them a perfect school breakfast for at least one week.
You can also freeze the entire batch and just let the kids reheat what they will eat in the microwave.
Just an FYI, I even thought they were good cold, which means they are great for eating on the go. That is, if everyone oversleeps and has to run out the door in a hurry!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Banana Bread French Toast Sticks Recipe
- 1 loaf Sour Cream Banana Bread
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 stick Butter
- Cut the loaf of bread into 12 slices. Cut each slice into 2 sticks.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, honey, and vanilla in a large, but shallow bowl.
- Dip the sticks in the egg mixture, coating both sides. Let the excess egg drip off before placing the sticks on a baking sheet.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Place a little bit of butter in the pan and melt. Pan-fry the bread in the butter for 2-3 minutes per side. Add more butter as needed. Serve immediately with syrup.
- Jocelyn Brubaker
- Sour Cream Banana Bread
- Cooking Method:
- Breakfasts, Brunches, Quick Bread, Easy, Griddle, Family Meals and Snacks, Bananas, Honey, Cinnamon
- Related Recipes:
- Breakfast Recipes, Brunch Recipes, Quick Bread Recipes, Easy Recipes, Griddle Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes, Banana Recipes, Honey Recipes, Cinnamon Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 24 french toast sticks
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Jocelyn Brubaker
Source: Sour Cream Banana Bread
Recipe Yields: 24 french toast sticks
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 26 minutes
Amount Per Serving