Avocado Reuben Bites RecipeMeghan Yager | Cake 'n Knife
Avocado Reuben Bites make any get together more memorable, whether you are celebrating some special or it’s just a random Saturday! Layers of corned beef, Swiss cheese and sauerkraut are enhanced by creamy avocado, then piled high on waffle fries and topped off with traditional Thousand Island dressing. It’s the simplest way to make the classic Reuben bite sized (and even more delish!).
Whenever March rolls around, the cravings for corned beef begin...
I don’t know if there’s an alarm within my mostly Irish body that goes off, or if it’s just all those recipes for corned beef that pop up in my feed. Either way, corned beef is a top priority.
Personally, my favorite way to enjoy corned beef isn’t the traditional way with a side of cabbage.
Honestly, I can’t really do cooked cabbage ever since I went on that horrifying cabbage soup diet for a month. ICK. NEVER DO IT.
The best way to enjoy corned beef in my eyes is when it’s piled high on a classic Reuben sandwich.
Now all you traditionalists just hold the phone. I knowwww this sandwich is classically made with pastrami, but you don’t know what your missing when you swap pastrami out for corned beef.
The richness of the beef and the tenderness of those slices of meat really make this sandwich sing.
But why limit yourself to making giant sandwiches when you can make them adorable and bite sized??
With these little guys, you can get your Reuben fix in appetizer form, and giving you ample opportunity to really wow your friends and family.
The simple waffle fry base gives you the crispy texture but with a potato finish that rounds out the tartness in the sauerkraut and Thousand Island dressing!
The soft avocado is an added bonus to the layers of cheese and meat, giving it an added creaminess you never knew you were missing from a Reuben sandwich!
Time to party on, friends!
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Avocado Reuben Bites Recipe
- 1 bag Frozen Waffle Fries
- 1 pound Corned Beef, cooked and thinly sliced
- 8 ounces Swiss Cheese, sliced
- 2 Avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced thin
- 1 cup Sauerkraut, drained
- 2/3 cup Thousand Island Dressing
- Fresh Chopped Parsley
- Cook waffle fries until crispy, according the instructions on the packaging.
- When the fries have been cooked, while leaving them on the baking sheet, top each waffle fry with a couple small slices of corned beef and Swiss cheese.
- Place baking sheet back in the oven under the broiler set to High. Broil until cheese is melted, approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven.
- Top each waffle fry stack with slices of avocado, sauerkraut, and a drizzle of Thousand Island dressing.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of fresh parsley as desired.
- Serve immediately.
- Meghan Yager
- Cooking Method:
- Avocados, Snacks, Appetizers, Party Food, French Fries, Beef, Cheese, Dressings, Baked, Easy, Family Meals and Snacks
- Related Recipes:
- Avocado Recipes, Snack Recipes, Appetizer Recipes, Party Food Recipes, French Fry Recipes, Beef Recipes, Cheese Recipes, Dressing Recipes, Baked Recipes, Easy Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 8 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Meghan Yager
Recipe Yields: 8 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Amount Per Serving