Avocado Caprese Panzanella Salad RecipeMeghan Yager | Cake 'n Knife
This Avocado Caprese Panzanella Salad is a complete meal. You won't need anything but a sparkling water and a smile, because holy...
Making salads is a pretty rare occurrence for me. I tend to be one of those individuals who doesn’t eat salad unless I seriously HAVE to eat salad.
Or unless the salad is seriously swoon worthy…
I love salads with a bunch of different textures and flavors in them. I tend to shy away from the Caesar salads and the plain old side salads that are only differentiated by the dressings that are put on them.
If I'm going to eat a salad, I want colour. I want flavour. I don't want plain chicken with a plain dressing.
This salad is anything but ordinary. Each bite of this salad is literally a party in your mouth.
I am sure you aren’t surprised that the salad I busted out for this healthier season is one that has bread in it. There’s also bacon.
And some mozzarella cheese for good measure.
This salad can be tailored to your personal tastes, you want extra bacon? Throw some more in! Treat yourself.
I might be trying to detox after an epic holiday season of intense eating, but I am not going to give up three of my main five food groups…
Hey, I’m just trying to be realistic about my goals! You can’t judge me for that, now can you?
There is a fun brightness in this salad that balances out the richness of the bacon, bread and cheese loaded up in this giant bowl of goodness.
I love the peppery bite of the dressing because it brings out the creaminess of the avocado even more than you expect it will.
You have crunchy and creamy, tart and savory, as well as rich and light, all bundled up into a salad that is pretty darn hard to turn away from.
So come jump on the healthy train… at least for a minute!
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Avocado Caprese Panzanella Salad Recipe
IngredientsFor the Salad:
- 1 French Baguette
- 1 Avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 3 slices Bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup Mozzarella Cheese, cut into approximately 1" pieces
- 3 cups Fresh Spinach
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- pinch of Salt
- Set broiler to high. Spread cubed bread in an even layer on a baking sheet. Toast until golden brown.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, mozzarella, tomatoes, bacon, avocado, and toasted bread. Toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients for lemon pepper vinaigrette. Dress salad and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
- Meghan Yager
- Cooking Method:
- Avocados, Bacon, Tomatoes, Spinach, Toasted, Bread, Salads, Easy, Easy Dinners, Lunchbox, Lunches, Healthy Eating
- Related Recipes:
- Avocado Recipes, Bacon Recipes, Tomato Recipes, Spinach Recipes, Toasted Recipes, Bread Recipes, Salad Recipes, Easy Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes, Lunchbox Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Healthy Eating Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 2-4 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Meghan Yager
Recipe Yields: 2-4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Amount Per Serving