Asparagus Prosciutto Pasta RecipeKatie Jasiewicz | Katie's Cucina
Asparagus Prosciutto Pasta is a quick and easy one pot meal. Quick and delicious.
I always love to clean out the refrigerator just before we are about to leave for vacation. That is exactly how this one pot tomato asparagus and prosciutto pasta came about. I didn't have any meat defrosted from the freezer and I knew I wanted to make something simple and from the ingredients I had on hand. No need to go grocery shopping just 2 days out from vacation. I had 5 slices of prosciutto leftover and decided I would add that to whatever one-pot pasta I made for dinner. At first I was tempted to make a creamy pasta, but I know that my husband doesn't typically like Alfredo sauces. So a tomato based sauce it was.
First up, I diced the prosciutto into bite-size pieces. Then I fried it so that it was nice and crispy. I removed the prosciutto from the pan and then poured a big 28 oz can of Pettit diced tomatoes and then added another 2 cups of water. I wanted to make sure there was enough "sauce". Mixed that with some spices and brought it to a boil. While it was coming to a boil I sliced the asparagus. Then I added the asparagus, green peas, pasta and fresh basil to the pot. Gave it one big swirl placed a lid on the pot and let it cook for 12 minutes. Then once the noodles were just al dente I turned the burner off. I served my son's portion first then I mixed in some red pepper flakes to kick it up a notch! I spooned the pasta into bowls sprinkled with a generous serving of crispy prosciutto, grated cheese, and more fresh basil.
Everyone enjoyed my one pot tomato asparagus and prosciutto pasta for dinner. Even better that we had just enough for leftovers for lunch the next day. This is one of my "smaller" one-pot meals. I served it with a capreese salad and my cheesyartichoke bread!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Asparagus Prosciutto Pasta Recipe
- 5 slices Prosciutto, Cut into bite-size pieces
- 28 ounces Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 2 cups Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Sugar
- 4 cups Dried Corkscrew Pasta
- 10 large spear Asparagus, Cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- 12 Fresh Basil Leaves
- Dice prosciutto.
- Heat large skillet and cook bite-size pieces of prosciutto until crispy (stirring constantly for about 1 minute. Remove prosciutto from skillet and place to the side.
- Reduce the heat on the skillet to medium. Pour the petite diced tomatoes, water, salt, Italian seasoning, and granulated sugar in the skillet.
- Mix well then add in the corkscrew pasta, asparagus spears, frozen green peas, and fresh basil leaves.
- Give one good mix, place lid on skillet, and bring the skillet to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium once boiling and cook for 12-15 minutes until pasta is cooked and al dente.
- Divide pasta evenly among bowls and top with bite-size prosciutto pieces, freshly grated parmesan cheese and additional chopped fresh basil.
- Want to spice up your pasta? Add a dash of crushed red pepper flakes!
- Katie Jasiewicz
- Cooking Method:
- One Pot Meals, Easy Dinners, Pasta, Italian, Ham, Asparagus, Tomatoes, Easy, Simmered
- Related Recipes:
- One Pot Meal Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes, Pasta Recipes, Italian Recipes, Ham Recipes, Asparagu Recipes, Tomato Recipes, Easy Recipes, Simmered Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 4 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Katie Jasiewicz
Recipe Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Amount Per Serving