Arugula Blackberry Salad RecipeOlivia Ribas | Primavera Kitchen
Arugula Blackberry Salad brings all the fresh ingredients in spring into one salad. Arugula, blackberries, and a bright vinaigrette.
Arugula is not only delicious, it is one of the healthiest leaves to consume. This green is a great source of folic acid and vitamins A, C and K. If you’re trying to watch what you eat and would like to get a more vegetable based iron in your diet, arugula is definitely a great option for you.
No matter what are your reasons for eating it, arugula is a fantastic food to add to your diet. I love eating arugula salad because this dark green leaf goes really well with almost everything you want to add in your salad; things like blue cheese or feta cheese, nuts and also berries. But as arugula is a very versatile green, you shouldn’t limit yourself to salads. Try adding it to pastas, grains, sandwiches, wraps, soups, or blend it into a delicious smoothie!
I am not the type of person who adds lots of ingredients in my salads, but this time I added more than five, just because I had all those ingredients in my fridge and pantry. If you don’t have all these ingredients you can substitute some of them for something else, or you can simply omit some. Why not, right? This is the beauty of making salads: Simple, easy and practical.
This salad is topped with this simple, fresh and perfect homemade vinaigrette that you can make with only olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. It is very flavorful and quick to make.
I suggest you to make this vinaigrette ahead of time, put away in a salad dressing bottle and you can keep in your fridge for up 4 days. I think it is great because you will save your time in the kitchen and have more time to enjoy your meal with your family. Also, when you have your salad dressing ready you will be less tempted to use the store brand.
I hope you give this arugula blackberry salad a try, because it is heavenly!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Arugula Blackberry Salad Recipe
IngredientsFor the Vinaigrette:
- 6 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice, Or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, Minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper, Freshly ground
- 3 cups Arugula
- 1/2 Cucumber, Diced
- 1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1/2 cup Blackberries
- 1 tablespoon Feta Cheese, Crumbled
- 1 tablespoon Walnuts, Chopped
To Make the Vinaigrette:
- Pour the lemon juice and olive oil in a salad dressing bottle.
- Add garlic, salt and black pepper.
- Shake to combine all the ingredients.
- Taste to check the seasoning and it is done.
To Make the Salad
- In a large salad bowl, mix together the arugula, cucumber, yellow pepper and blackberries.
- Just before serving, add the vinaigrette and toss until all the ingredients are coated.
- Then, garnish with feta cheese and walnuts.
- Olivia Ribas
- Cooking Method:
- No Cook
- Salads, Healthy, Healthy Eating, Vegetarian, Blackberries, Easy, No Cook, Dressings
- Related Recipes:
- Salad Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Healthy Eating Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes, Blackberry Recipes, Easy Recipes, No Cook Recipes, Dressing Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 1 salad
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Olivia Ribas
Recipe Yields: 1 salad
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Amount Per Serving