Apple Coffee Cake RecipeMegan Myers | Stetted
This apple coffee cake recipe makes for an especially sweet and unique breakfast.
Are you a coffee cake fan? I know I am. How can you not enjoy the idea of cake for breakfast?
Yet, for some reason, coffee cake seems to have fallen out of favor with the breakfast crowd, being replaced by homemade doughnuts and new ways to serve eggs.
You don’t need to give up the eggs, but coffee cake is an excellent way to round out any breakfast or brunch (and don’t forget snack time).
This recipe has the flavors of Dutch apple pie – a crunchy streusel topping combined with spiced apple pie filling that makes for a moist and tender cake.
Brew up a pot of coffee and get ready to linger over breakfast.
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Apple Coffee Cake Recipe
IngredientsFor the Coffee Cake:
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tablespoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 large Egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 1 cup Apple Pie Filling, preferably homemade
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- dash of Salt
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, cold
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x8 baking pan or tube pan, or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Stir in milk and egg until well-blended, then add in pie filling. Pour into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together topping ingredients through salt. Using a pastry cutter or two knives, cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Scatter topping over the batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool at least 5 minutes before serving.
I used this Apple Pie Filling Recipe.
- Megan Myers
- Cooking Method:
- Breakfasts, Baking, Cakes, Coffee Cake
- Related Recipes:
- Breakfast Recipes, Baking Recipes, Cake Recipes, Coffee Cake Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 8 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Megan Myers
Recipe Yields: 8 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Amount Per Serving