Apple Bourbon Bellini RecipeDan George | Mantitlement
Apple Bourbon Bellini is a new twist on a cocktail for the fall. The apple puree makes the drink especially delicious.
We always go apple picking in the fall with the boys. They get so excited to run around the orchard grabbing all the apples they can find. It’s one – one of the great things about living here in New Jersey. It really is a beautiful place to be, especially if you’re out in the country like we are.
The only problem with going apple picking with two kids is that you end up with about a hundred apples that cost about a hundred dollars.
Fun… but expensive.
And then what? After you’re done making apple pies, apple pie filling for later, apple pie cupcakes, and eating ten apples a day, which my boys can handle no problem, what do you do with the other 50 apples?
This apple bourbon bellini was one way I thought of to use them up. Like a typical bellini that has champagne, or prosecco, and some sort of fruit puree, I amped-up this bellini with apple bourbon and a homemade apple puree.
All you have to do its throw some apple wedges, skin on, into a blender or food processor with a tablespoon or two of water and a little sugar and lemon juice.
Then take a big spoon of that homemade apple puree and place it in the bottom of your champagne glass, add some apple bourbon and top it all off with your champagne or prosecco.
This apple bourbon bellini is definitely not as sweet as your average bellini. It’s more of a guy’s bellini if you will… but I have to say that my wife enjoyed these as much as I did!
So the next time you go apple picking with the kids, instead of worrying about all the apples they're bringing home, just think of all the cocktails you’ll be making!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Apple Bourbon Bellini Recipe
- 3 Apples, Cored and cut into wedges
- 1-2 tablespoons Water
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 6 ounces Apple Bourbon, Such as Red Stag
- 1 bottle Prosecco, (You'll have extra prosecco left for more drinks)
- Put the apples into a blender or a food processor with the water, sugar and lemon juice. Blend until smooth and transfer to a small bowl.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of the apple puree into the bottom of each champagne flute.
- Add 1 ounce of apple bourbon per glass, then top with the prosecco.
- Dan George
- Cocktails, Drinks, Alcohol, Bourbon, Apples, Fall, Easy
- Related Recipes:
- Cocktail Recipes, Drink Recipes, Alcohol Recipes, Bourbon Recipes, Apple Recipes, Fall Recipes, Easy Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 6 bellinis
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Dan George
Recipe Yields: 6 bellinis
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Amount Per Serving