Wondering how to make a margarita? We’ve got you covered every night of the week!
Is there any drink more festive than a margarita?
There are so many margarita variations nowadays, but you can’t go wrong with the original version. And you don’t need to buy a mix!
A classic margarita contains tequila, orange liqueur and lime juice. The orange liqueur is usually Cointreau or Triple Sec.
And, it’s not a margarita until the rim of the glass is dipped in salt!
Are you ready to learn how to make a margarita at home? Let’s get to the details!
- Kosher Salt, for the rim of the glass
- Ice Cubes
- 3 ounces Tequila, of good quality
- 1/2 medium Lime, juiced
- 3 ounces Triple Sec
- 1 ounce Sparkling Seltzer Water
How to Make a Margarita
- Using a margarita or short cocktail glass, wet the rim of the glass (you can use water or lime juice) and dip into kosher salt.
- In a cocktail shaker, add ice, tequila, lime juice and triple sec. Shake until combined and cold.
- Pour into the prepared glass and top with seltzer water. Garnish with a lime slice if desired.
How to Make a Frozen Margarita
You might enjoy these other margarita flavors:
Keep in mind, you can dip the rim of your glass in sugar instead of salt for a sweet variation. Have fun experimenting!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Cyd is a native of Upstate New York, born to a family of women who love to cook and host parties. She shares her love of all things food, home and entertaining on her blog, The Sweetest Occasion and on Instagram.How To Guides, Margaritas, Cocktails