White Chocolate Caramel Fudge is an exceptional sweet snack perfect for any time of year. With caramel swirls throughout!
It’s almost summer here! Well, in my mind it’s IS summer because my kids are out of school.
This school year seemed to fly by so fast. As I get older, the faster the years seem to roll by. Is it just me? We officially have a Senior in High School, a Freshman in High School and a 7th grader (not to mention our Marine J)!
One of our favorite ways to celebrate summer is going to the local ice cream shop
daily. Seriously, I could live on ice cream in the summertime! While normally I get a waffle cone with whatever flavor I’m craving that day, I will sometimes opt for a caramel sundae. I love big spoonfuls of hot caramel sauce!
Today’s fudge recipe, as I described it over on Instagram, is like eating the bottom of a vanilla sundae with the melted ice cream and puddle of caramel sauce. It’s the best bite of the sundae in my opinion.
Making fudge is super easy if you haven’t done it before. This version uses NO candy thermometer. Easy right?
A few notes about today’s recipe:
- Have your 8 or 9 inch square baking dish lined with parchment paper before you begin. You’ll need to work fast in the end.
- Boil your butter, sugar, cream and salt on medium high heat. Bring it to a ROLLING boil and continue stirring for 4 minutes.
- I add the marshmallow cream and white chocolate chips to a mixing bowl before beginning. Once the butter mixture has boiled for 4 minutes, pour that over the white chocolate and marshmallow. Using your electric mixer, you will only have to give it a few whirls for about 30 seconds until the white chocolate chips are melted.
- I melted my caramels in a glass bowl with a teaspoon of heavy cream, in the microwave. Once the white chocolate was melted, I poured the melted caramel into the bowl. Gave it one stir with a wooden spoon then immediately poured it into my prepared baking dish
- Allow your fudge to chill in the refrigerator for about 4 hours until firm. Cut into pieces and enjoy!
Check out some of my other favorite truffle and candy recipes!
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!