- 3 cups Roasted Sweet Potato, diced (you can opt for a pre-cooked frozen version, roast some ahead of time, or use leftovers!)
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced into 1/2" pieces
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, diced into 1/2" pieces
- 2 cups Sliced Mushrooms
- 6-7 cups Sourdough Bread, cut into 1 1/2" cubes
- 6 Eggs
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 cups Shredded Fontina Cheese, divided
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9 X 13 baking dish or equally large casserole dish.
Toss together the sweet potatoes, onions, red and yellow peppers, mushrooms, and bread cubes. Fill the prepared pan with the bread and veggies.
Whisk together the milk, eggs, and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese. Pour it over the bread and veggies.
Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese and bake for 45 minutes.
- You can assemble the entire dish night before, or you can just toss together the veggies + bread and then add the eggs, milk, and cheese just before baking.