Strawberry Pie Bars RecipeKristan Roland | Confessions of a Cookbook Queen
Strawberry Pie Bars are a delightful summer dessert everyone will love. Strawberries and cream--amazing!
Hi. My name is Kristan and I am a control freak hostess.
I haven’t always been this way. Well, I take it back. I HAVE always been this way.
My husband, bless him, has learned to just go along with it. There’s no fixing what I’ve got going on here.
Your best bet is to get up early the day of a party, take my carefully written out list that is categorized and mapped out according to the store layout, and purchase all items on said list, while I stay home frantically fanning napkins and arranging paper cups into an adorable and impressive pyramid.
And when I say, "purchase all items," I mean purchase "EXACT items." Don’t go taking liberties with the brands or deciding that the new "extra super cheesy" flavor looks more fun.
That’s a good way to give a girl like me a heart attack. It’s just not done around here.
We all know from experience that it doesn’t end well.
I once wrote "French Onion and Ranch Dips" on the grocery list, only for my husband to come home with something different entirely. He then explained that the store didn’t HAVE "French Onion Ranch Dip," so he decided to just get something else.
And then I basically died, because we all know that a party isn’t a party without the two most popular dips in the world.
Welcome to my brain. It’s a sick, sick place.
When it comes to get-togethers, pie is not always the most group-friendly dessert. No one ever wants to the first to cut into it, for one.
Which I completely understand-that first slice terrifies me! There are so many things that can happen.
Will it stick to the pan? Will it be a mess and crumble all over the place? Will I accidentally-on-purpose cut a slice the size for FOUR slices and then eat it all while everyone silently judges me?
As you can see, bar desserts are really the way to go if you want to avoid fear and heartache. And these strawberry pie bars are perfect for any Summer get-together.
A shortbread base, sweet strawberry pie filling, and a creamy whipped cream finish make these festive and delicious!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Strawberry Pie Bars Recipe
IngredientsFor the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Powdered Sugar
- 12 tablespoons Butter, Cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 cup Water
- 1 3.4 ounce box Strawberry Gelatin
- 4 cups Sliced Strawberries
- Whipped Cream, Optional
For the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13 pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour and powdered sugar for crust.
- Cut in butter (I use my hands, you could also use a fork or a food processor) until the mixture forms a dough. Pat dough into prepared pan.
- Bake crust for about 10 minutes, until puffed and golden around the edges. Let pan cool completely on a wire rack.
For the Filling:
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil and whisk for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in strawberry gelatin until dissolved. Refrigerate until thickened and slightly cooled, about 15 minutes.
- Spread sliced strawberries evenly over crust. Pour gelatin mixture carefully and slowly over the berries, making sure to cover entire surface. Spread gently if necessary.
- Refrigerate for several hours, until chilled and set.
- Before serving, remove from pan, peel off foil, and slice into squares. Top with whipped cream if desired.
- Kristan Roland
- Cooking Method:
- Desserts, Bar Desserts, Pies, Baking, Baked, Strawberries, Cream, Party Food, Summer
- Related Recipes:
- Dessert Recipes, Bar Dessert Recipes, Pie Recipes, Baking Recipes, Baked Recipes, Strawberry Recipes, Cream Recipes, Party Food Recipes, Summer Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 12 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Kristan Roland
Recipe Yields: 12 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Amount Per Serving