Slow Cooker Creamy Salsa Verde Chicken RecipeKatie Jasiewicz | Katie's Cucina
Slow Cooker Creamy Salsa Verde Chicken hardly takes any effort at all. Just pile everything in the slow cooker, and it's ready for...
My 1-year-old loves chicken. If it were appropriate, I would feed him chicken for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. But I know that he should really eat something other than chicken for breakfast.
I wasn't sure if he was going to like my slow cooker creamy salsa verde chicken because it has a little spice to it. But boy was I wrong! This kid devoured it. I served the shredded chicken by itself to him. I could here him slurping up the sauce from the chicken. He loved it and kept signing for more.
This recipe is so easy to put together. All you'll need is four chicken breasts and a jar or couple cans of salsa verde. Once the chicken is done cooking in the slow cooker you'll want to shred it by hand.
Then add in whipped cream cheese into the salsa verde and mix it until all the cream cheese has melted. Place the shredded chicken back in the pot and then add in the chopped cilantro. Give it a good stir and dinner is ready!
I made tacos with the slow cooker creamy salsa verde chicken. I kept it simple and just piled the tacos high with shredded cheddar cheese, and slices of avocado. Simple, easy-to-make tacos that were packed full of flavor, and made for an ideal weeknight dinner. Other ways you can serve up this creamy salsa verde shredded chicken are in burritos, in quesadillas, or even served on a bed of rice.
It's so good I can eat spoonfuls of it without anything else! Of course, I always prefer it in a taco but I'm a taco kind of girl. I like to enjoy these tacos with my bacon refried beans!
If you're looking for an easy weeknight meal, I challenge you to make this easy shredded chicken and spice up your weekly menu plan!
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Slow Cooker Creamy Salsa Verde Chicken Recipe
- 1 pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 2 10 ounce cans Mild Green Chile Enchilada Sauce
- 1/2 cup Whipped Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Chopped Cilantro
- 12 Flour Tortillas, Taco sized
- 2 Hass Avocados, Sliced
- Pour 1 can of the mild green Chile enchilada sauce into the slow cooker. Then place the chicken breasts on top of the sauce and pour the additional can on top of the chicken breasts.
- Set on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Once the chicken breasts are cooked, remove the chicken breast from the slow cooker and shred with 2 forks.
- Before placing the chicken breast back in the slow cooker, add the whipped cream cheese and cilantro. Mix until melted and fully incorporated.
- Add the shredded chicken back to the slow cooker and mix well.
- Warm the flour tortillas in a microwave with a damp cloth draped over them for 30 seconds. Once tortillas are cooked, begin spooning shredded chicken on to taco shells.
- Divide avocado slices evenly, and enjoy.
- Katie Jasiewicz
- Cooking Method:
- Slow Cooker
- One Pot Meals, Slow Cooker, Crock Pot, Chicken, Mexican, Easy, Tacos, Easy Dinners
- Related Recipes:
- One Pot Meal Recipes, Slow Cooker Recipes, Crock Pot Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Mexican Recipes, Easy Recipes, Taco Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 6 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Katie Jasiewicz
Recipe Yields: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 480 minutes
Total Time: 490 minutes
Amount Per Serving