Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas RecipeKatie Jasiewicz | Katie's Cucina
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas are a delicious meal that takes hardly any effort. Ready when you walk in the door after a long day.
I’m here to revolutionize the way you make chicken fajitas. We love Mexican food in our house and I’m always looking for slow cooker recipes to make during the week. Of course I also love to use my slow cooker when I get the chance. I love when it can cook for me.
I try to do at least one slow cooker meal a week to make my busy evenings a little more manageable. Bonus points if I can make my slow cooker meal on a Friday night, that way I don't get tempted to call take-out.
I recently brought these slow cooker chicken fajitas to a friend. She had just given birth to a beautiful baby girl. I wanted to bring her and her growing family a delicious dinner. However, my schedule has been extra busy. I figured everyone loves fajitas so I figured I would give it a try in the slow cooker. I made a double batch so that I could feed my family that evening and hers too! I will say that the veggies were not as crisp as I normally prefer them (although my husband loved how soft they were). We all know that food can become bland after being cooked in the slow cooker. I found that adding a little additional fajita seasoning at the end of the cooking process gave it the additional flavoring it needed after cooking for so many hours.
I served the slow cooker chicken fajitas with my favorite tomato avocado salad. The salad is a copycat recipe I created from my favorite local Honduran restaurant. I could eat bowls and bowls of that salad. And since my friend wanted to have "healthier" meals I figured instead of bring heavy rice and beans, an avocado salad would be perfect. Top these fajitas any way you want, just make them immediately!
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 8 Multi-Colored Bell Peppers, Sliced
- 2 Red Onions, Sliced
- 4 tablespoons Fajita Seasoning
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 16 Flour Tortillas
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Slice bell peppers and onions and place in the bottom of the slow cooker. Then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the fajita seasoning over the pepper/onion mixture.
- Mix well and then place the chicken breast on top. Sprinkle the remaining 1-tablespoon of fajita seasoning on the top of the chicken.
- Pour the orange juice in the slow cooker.
- Cook for 4 hours on high.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove the chicken, shred, and top with 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning.
- Mix in the other 3 teaspoons of fajita seasonings into the vegetables.
- Place shredded chicken and (drained) fajita veggies on top of flour tortilla.
- Top with sour cream and shredded cheese; repeat until all the fajitas are done!
- Katie Jasiewicz
- Cooking Method:
- Slow Cooker
- Tex Mex
- Slow Cooker, Crock Pot, Chicken, Tex Mex, Easy Dinners, Dinners, Mexican, Easy
- Related Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Recipes, Crock Pot Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Tex Mex Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Mexican Recipes, Easy Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 8 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Katie Jasiewicz
Recipe Yields: 8 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 240 minutes
Total Time: 255 minutes
Amount Per Serving