Sausage Broccoli Tortellini Skillet RecipeLisa Grant | Jersey Girl Cooks
Sausage Broccoli Tortellini Skillet is a hearty dinner that takes only minutes. Everyone will love this!
Refrigerated tortellini is a staple in my kitchen. My family loves them, they cook quickly, and they pair well with a variety of meats and vegetables. They also are the perfect ingredient to make a vegetarian meal. I have paired them with shrimp, a Bolognese sauce, and a creamy basil sauce. Sausage and broccoli are my husband’s favorite pairing as this is a very hearty dinner. Hearty dinner is his middle name. While I can always have a dinner without meat, he thinks no dinner is complete without it.
At any given time, you will see several different varieties of tortellini in my refrigerator. My favorite is the pesto or spinach filled ones. But I think my family would agree that cheese-filled tortellini are the favorites of everyone else.
I love this dish because it comes together quick and it is a complete meal. It includes pasta, sausage, and vegetables so all of your food groups are involved. I like to use a lean spicy turkey sausage but your favorite type of sausage will work well too. Honestly, I don’t even bother to make a salad or side dish if we are eating a weeknight meal amidst sports practices, clubs, and part-time jobs. Life with teenagers is hectic, so why not put everything in a large skillet and take it easy once in a while?
If you really want a light salad, by all means make one. But my teenagers would prefer my time spent on making cookies. Because dinner is always better if you end it on a sweet note.
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Sausage Broccoli Tortellini Skillet Recipe
- 1 head Broccoli, Cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 20 ounce package Tortellini Pasta, Cheese or spinach
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 pound Turkey Sausage, Cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium Red Bell Pepper, Seeded and cut into 1 inch strips
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- Salt and Pepper, To taste
- In a large pot of water, blanch broccoli for five minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Cook tortellini al dente in a large pot of water according to package directions. This should only take a few minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium high heat. Add sausage and cook for ten minutes or until sausage starts to brown. Turn heat down to medium and add peppers and garlic. Cook for five more minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and add chicken broth. Simmer for about 5 minutes then add cooked broccoli and tortellini and mix well. Cook for a few more minutes until liquid starts to evaporate.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve in pasta bowls.
- Lisa Grant
- Cooking Method:
- Easy Dinners, Pasta, Sausage, Broccoli, Dinners, Simmered, Italian
- Related Recipes:
- Easy Dinner Recipes, Pasta Recipes, Sausage Recipes, Broccoli Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Simmered Recipes, Italian Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 6 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Lisa Grant
Recipe Yields: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Amount Per Serving