Sausage Breakfast Tacos RecipeHeather Tullos | Sugar Dish Me
Sausage breakfast tacos with crumbled pork and a fried egg are what happiness is made of. A little pico and cheese straight from Heaven.
How much do you love tacos?! I think tortillas are probably my favorite vehicle for food delivery. You can fill them with deeply spiced goodness like with these slow cooker shredded beef tacos, make them sweet and fruity like with my mini fruit tacos, or you can turn your boring egg sandwich on its head and eat a tortilla for BREAKFAST.
Sausage breakfast tacos are super simple to make - they come together really FAST!! These are super simple to make for one person on the fly, or you could turn them out for a crowd in a hurry. My family eats like a crowd so it’s always best for me to be able to prepare a second helping quickly before one of them starts whining about still being hungry. [Boy metabolism could be bottled and sold for an easy billion dollars, you guys. Someone should jump on that]
I used pork breakfast sausage and corn tortillas. You could opt for flour, but the corn tortillas are where it’s at here. TRUST. Eggs are cooked to order - I loooooove my runny-in-the-middle over medium eggs. But scrambled or fried over hard (or whatever you love) would work just as well. In fact, if you are cooking for a crowd, scrambled would probably make your life pretty easy.
Topped with a handful of black beans and cheese, and then spooned with some delicious fresh pico (here’s a great homemade pico de gallo recipe), chopped avocado, and a nice dollop of sour cream, these breakfast tacos will start your day off with a filling punch of Tex-Mex flavor.
I make a lot of breakfast recipes and love them all for different reasons. But because I am always trying new things, it’s not often that I create a recipe that works its way into my routine because I’m always on to the next thing. These Breakfast Tacos with Sausage have turned into something I send my other half out the door with one or two mornings a week and my kiddos request them on the weekends. This recipe’s a keeper for sure!
It's Taco Week on Food Fanatic with KitchenIQ. Follow along, make your own, and make sure to share them with us on Twitter and Facebook using #TacoWeek.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Sausage Breakfast Tacos Recipe
- 8 ounces Pork Breakfast Sausage
- 4 Corn Tortillas
- Butter, or oil, for the pan
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Black Beans, drained and rinsed (canned)
- 4 ounces Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Pico de Gallo
- Sour Cream, for garnish
- Avocado, chopped, for garnish
- Cook and crumble the breakfast sausage in a medium skillet. Set the cooked sausage aside on paper towels to drain any excess grease.
- Leave the skillet on the heat and toss in the tortillas to let them get nice and toasty warm on one side. Set the tortillas aside and return the skillet to the heat.
- To cook the eggs you have a couple of options. You could add the oil or butter to the skillet you’ve been using and then cook your eggs. My preference is to use another smaller skillet for the eggs because it makes them prettier. So heat a small skillet over medium heat, add the butter or oil, and then cook your eggs - scrambled, fried, it’s your preference.
- Toss the beans in the hot skillet you used for the sausage and tortillas. This just lets them heat up a little. Only move them around in the skillet for about a minute.
- To build your tacos place one egg on each tortilla. Top each egg with 1/4 of the sausage, then beans, and then cheese. Add your pico, sour cream, and avocado and serve immediately.
- Heather Tullos
- Cooking Method:
- Tex Mex
- Tacos, Taco Week, Breakfasts, Brunches, Sausage, Eggs, Tex Mex, Mexican, Fried
- Related Recipes:
- Taco Recipes, Taco Week Recipes, Breakfast Recipes, Brunch Recipes, Sausage Recipes, Egg Recipes, Tex Mex Recipes, Mexican Recipes, Fried Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 4 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Heather Tullos
Recipe Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 17 minutes
Amount Per Serving