Rocky Road Clusters give you your peanut butter and chocolate craving all in one. Let's not forget about the marshmallows!
There are two things I’m totally digging right now:
- Food that is covered in cheese!
- Food that is covered in chocolate!
Both of which are not very friendly to my waistline! But a craving is a craving! And since I haven’t yet figured out how to make a fun candy recipe with cheese… we’ll talk about food covered in chocolate instead!
A few weeks ago I was looking for an easy treat to make. Something that did NOT require me to turn on the oven. As I was perusing PINTEREST (do you follow me??) I came upon my own recipe for Rocky Road Fudge. While I absolutely love that easy fudge recipe, I wanted something a little more “fun” and trendy.
That’s where today’s Rocky Road Clusters got its inspiration!
A few notes about today’s recipe:
- Microwave your chocolate in a glass bowl. I used dark chocolate melting wafers because I didn’t want to worry about tempering my chocolate. Plus they taste amazing! Allow chocolate to cool about 5 minutes before adding remaining ingredients.
- Instead of using peanut butter (like I do in the fudge recipe) I added a bag of peanut butter chips. By allowing the chocolate to cool slightly, the peanut butter chips didn’t melt completely when added into the mixture!
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. You have to work fast once you add the ingredients to the melted chocolate, as the chocolate will begin to firm up fairly quickly. To scoop the mixture, I used a 2-tablespoon scoop and got nearly 4 dozen clusters of candy. Perfect for sharing with family and friends, or at potlucks and bake sales!
- You can let these set up at room temperature or pop the baking sheet into your refrigerator for faster set up!
I stored these in the refrigerator to keep them firm (plus they taste really good cold), but if it’s not too warm in your house you can store them at room temperature in an airtight container! ENJOY!
Check out some of my other favorite truffle and candy recipes!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!