Roasted Corn and Tomato Salad RecipeSerene Herrera | House of Yumm
This easy to make roasted corn and tomato salad is bursting with fresh, bright flavors. This chilled salad is perfect for serving as a side dish during the summer with any BBQ or potluck.
The best side dishes for the summer are those that are served cold. This chilled salad is perfect for serving alongside any meal. Made from fresh corn, juicy tomatoes, green onion and cilantro. All drizzled with a simple vinaigrette to bring out the natural flavors.
And yes, the fresh corn can be grilled or cooked on the stovetop. Whichever method you prefer and is easiest for you to accomplish. I like to just spread some butter or olive oil on my corn and cook it on the stovetop. But if you have the grill going and want to toss it on the grill then go for it!
You can also switch out the fresh corn for canned corn if needed and are facing some time constraints. Which makes this the perfect last minute side dish to bring to all the summer parties!
This salad is bursting with fresh and light flavors, which makes it ideal for serving alongside any heavier meat dish, like some pulled pork. Also, since it’s loaded with cilantro and lime, it’s the perfect side dish for your favorite Tex Mex meals such as enchiladas!
If preparing this dish ahead of time, make the salad, then make the dressing separate and leave it in the jar. Cover the salad and store in the fridge. Then drizzle the dressing over the salad when preparing to serve.
If the salad sits overnight in the dressing then the tomatoes lose a lot of their natural juices and salad can become a bit soggy.
Always top with the cheese just before serving to prevent the cheese from soaking up too much of the dressing as well.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Roasted Corn and Tomato Salad Recipe
- 4 ears Corn
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Chopped Green Onions
- 1/4 cup Crumbled Queso Fresco
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- juice from half a Lime
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Agave Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- Remove the husks and silk from the 4 ears of corn. Apply a thin coat of extra virgin olive oil or butter and place on a heated skillet. Allow the corn to cook until heated. Once the corn has cooled to the touch then use a sharp knife to cut off the kernels into a large bowl.
- Into the same bowl add the chopped tomatoes, cilantro and green onion.
- In a small jar add the ingredients for the vinaigrette. Shake the jar to combine and mix the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the top of the salad. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle with the crumbled queso fresco. Serve the salad immediately or place in the refrigerator. Serve the salad cold.
- Serene Herrera
- Tex Mex
- Tex Mex, Summer, Corn, Tomatoes, Side Dishes, Salads, Vegetables, Vegetarian, Cheese
- Related Recipes:
- Tex Mex Recipes, Summer Recipes, Corn Recipes, Tomato Recipes, Side Dish Recipes, Salad Recipes, Vegetable Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes, Cheese Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 6 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Serene Herrera
Recipe Yields: 6 servings
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Amount Per Serving