Pumpkin Pecan Bread RecipeJocelyn Brubaker | Inside BruCrew Life
Pumpkin Pecan Bread gives you everything you love about Fall. All topped with a crunchy pecan glaze.
Every year as the weather starts to get cooler and the leaves change, I start to get the pumpkin itch. I have to pumpkin allthethings that come out of my kitchen. This year is no different. So far I have made at least 10 pumpkin treats. I promise to space them out a little bit though. Pumpkin overload isn’t always a good idea.
One thing that I make every year is this chocolate chip pumpkin bread. Each year I like to give it a fun little twist to it to make it different from the year before. I realize that there are about a million pumpkin breads floating around the Internet, but trust me when I say you need this version for breakfast very soon.
I kept the pumpkin bread simple by not adding any extras to the bread batter except for some pecans and spices. This year I can’t seem to get enough of pecan and praline desserts. I was really planning on keeping the bread extra simple, but then I decided the bread needed a glaze and more nuts. Simple doesn’t happen often with me, I guess. At least I thought about it.
As I started to think about what kind of glaze would work for this bread, I remembered this apple praline cake, and I knew that I had to have that frosting again. Since a thicker frosting tends to make my family call breakfast bread a cake, I thinned the frosting down to a runny glaze.
The glaze will run completely over the sides, so let it cool completely, and spoon it on slowly. Make sure the bread is on a wire rack with a pan under it to keep the glaze from going all over your counter. Press on some chopped pecans and let it set, then slice yourself an extra large slice to go with your morning coffee.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Pumpkin Pecan Bread Recipe
IngredientsFor the Bread Batter:
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Chopped Pecans
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup Chopped Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat together the sugars and oil. Add the eggs and beat until light.
- Add the pumpkin and beat until mixed in.
- Stir together the baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and flour. Add to the pumpkin mixture alternately with the milk. Spoon the batter into a greased and floured 9x5 baking pan.
- Bake for 70 minutes. Do not over bake. Remove and let cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Flip out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Place the butter, sugar, and milk in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Boil one minute.
- Whisk in the powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Let cool.
- Place the bread on a wire rack over a pan. Spoon the glaze slowly over the top. Top with pecan chips.
- Let set. Cut into 12 slices.
- Jocelyn Brubaker
- Cooking Method:
- Breakfasts, Brunches, Bread, Quick Bread, Baking, Baked, Fall, Pumpkin, Pecans
- Related Recipes:
- Breakfast Recipes, Brunch Recipes, Bread Recipes, Quick Bread Recipes, Baking Recipes, Baked Recipes, Fall Recipes, Pumpkin Recipes, Pecan Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 1 large loaf
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Jocelyn Brubaker
Recipe Yields: 1 large loaf
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 70 minutes
Total Time: 90 minutes
Amount Per Serving