Pistachio Chocolate Chip Cookies RecipeKim Beaulieu | Cravings of a Lunatic
Pistachio chocolate chip cookies are a brilliant snack with a cup of coffee. You'll love this divine combination.
Hello to all you Chocolate Fanatics out there. I am so happy to have a place I get to share my love for chocolate. Swinging by Food Fanatic to share my chocolate treats each month is so much fun.
I don't know about you but I keep my pantry well stocked with chocolate in all varieties. Every time I'm out shopping I always pick up something chocolate-y to add to my collection of baking supplies.
Shopping in the States is always a huge treat. I happen to live in a small town in Canada where the chocolate and baking supplies are somewhat lacking. I call our area a "culinary black hole". It's hard to find so many things here.
I jump at every chance I get to hop on over to the States to grocery shop. We live about 20 minutes from the Michigan border, so it's pretty easy to get over there on a semi-regular basis. I love hitting places Meijers and Target.
The selection of chocolate baking supplies is vastly superior over in the States. At least compared to where I live. I usually end up buying way too much. It's like a sickness. I start tossing stuff in the cart at rapid speed. I really can't help myself.
My family says something weird happens to me over there. I get in the baking aisle and I become positively giddy. About halfway down the aisle my eyes start to get really big. I get really overwhelmed by all the choices and at some point will start to hyperventilate. The family will try to calm me down but it's pointless.
At this point the excitement gets to be too much and I generally start to skip through the aisle or burst into song. That's the point where my family walks away and pretends they don't know me.
When we meet back up at the checkout my hubs will survey the cart. He'll get this look of disapproval on his face. He will try to reason with me to put some of it back. But I never listen.
I mean, who knows when we'll make it back over the border again? So you have to stock up. It's just the responsible thing to do. At any time in the near future a zombie apocalypse of epic proportions could (and likely will) break out and I may never get to buy chocolate again. I mean how will I bake all those chocolate cookies for the zombies if I don't stock up on chocolate? Again, this is just the responsible thing to do.
It's never been proven that zombies like brains. Personally I think they will want chocolate. So this is survival 101. I'm doing this for the good of mankind if you really think about it. I'm saving the earth from zombies.
See this is the kind of thing that runs through my head while we're in the baking aisle. When my eyes glaze over I'm thinking about how I will save the earth.... with chocolate. It's good to have goals in life. Set the bar high, man. Aim for the top. You're not just making cookies. You are saving the world!
If you're looking for some more chocolate treats to feed the zombies when they come visit you I would make them my baked fudge. It's super easy to make and sure to impress even the most discerning of zombies. I think they would likely enjoy my chocolate fudge brownie ice cream, chocolate peppermint fudge, and chocolate peanut butter skillet cookie too. Zombies with brain freeze might just be the funnies thing you ever see in your life.
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Pistachio Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons Molasses
- 1 Egg
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Pistachios, shelled and chopped
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined. Set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl combine the softened butter and brown sugar. Cream these together by hand, or with a mixer, until combined and smooth.
- Add the molasses, egg, and vanilla extract to the bowl. Mix again until well combined.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mix until combined thoroughly.
- Add the chocolate chips and pistachios, mix with a wooden spoon briefly, just enough to mix them in enough to have some in each bite. You can increase the amount of pistachios if you want more crunch.
- Spoon onto cookie sheets, spacing evenly. You can make small cookies or large cookies with this mixture, just be careful to adjust cooking time depending on the size of cookie you desire.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 8 to 10 minutes for small cookies, 10 to 12 minutes for large cookies.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly on the pan, for about 3 to 5 minutes. Then transfer to a cooling rack to let them cool completely. Good luck with that, it's nearly impossible not to eat these suckers while they are hot!
- Serve with a big old chocolate fanatic smile!
- Kim Beaulieu
- Cooking Method:
- Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Cookies, Baking, Baked, Desserts, Snacks, Family Meals and Snacks, Pistachios, Nuts
- Related Recipes:
- Chocolate Recipes, Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes, Cookie Recipes, Baking Recipes, Baked Recipes, Dessert Recipes, Snack Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes, Pistachio Recipes, Nut Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 12 large or 24 small cookies
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Kim Beaulieu
Recipe Yields: 12 large or 24 small cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
Amount Per Serving