Pineapple Chicken Teriyaki RecipeErin S. | Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
Pineapple Chicken Teriyaki is a fabulous Asian style recipe on the table in minutes. You'll absolutely love the tanginess of the Pineapple.
Years ago, I used to go to a Mongolian barbecue restaurant with a friend. My husband was not a fan, but my girlfriend and I loved it.
So we would meet there for lunch, or start there before a girls night out.
I always ordered the same thing, chicken teriyaki. You could go through and add all your favorite veggies and toppings before they cooked it, but the base was always the same.
The sweet and tangy teriyaki sauce was so good. The first time I thought adding pineapple to it seemed really strange, but decided to try it anyway.
And boy was it good!
The sweet pineapple was so good with it. So if you ever think pineapple in a dinner recipe is wrong, think again and give it a try!
Today I am sharing my homemade version of the pineapple chicken teriyaki I used to get at a restaurant. Making homemade teriyaki sauce is so easy.
Just a few simple ingredients, that you probably have on hand already.
Then you just add it to a skillet and let it thicken and coat the chicken. Serve over rice for a great dinner.
We kind of have a thing for Asian flavors in our house, these garlic beef noodle bowls are on repeat here. I am excited to have another recipe to mix things up.
You can add as many veggies as you would like to this chicken teriyaki recipe. This is just a base for you to make it your own.
Mushrooms, red peppers, bean sprouts, or even water chestnuts would all make great additions.
Plus, everything comes together in one pan, in about 15 minutes, so you can have dinner on the table FAST! And if you are looking for more Asian style chicken recipes that are ready in minutes, you have to try this peanut chicken with rice.
Pineapple Chicken Teriyaki just may become a new family favorite. The chicken gets a little crispy, but still super tender.
The sauce is thick, sticky, sweet and delicious. Sprinkle with sesame seeds for garnish, or even peanuts or cashews if you want a little crunch.
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Pineapple Chicken Teriyaki Recipe
IngredientsFor the Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1-1 1/2 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Pineapple Chunks, canned or fresh
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- 2 Green Onions, thinly sliced
- Cooked Rice, to serve
- Mix together water and cornstarch in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a liquid measuring cup mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, honey, garlic, ginger and black pepper. Whisk until smooth and well combined.
- Toss chicken pieces with cornstarch until well coated.
- In a large skillet heat canola oil over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook for 3-5 minutes until chicken is browned. Add pineapple, and saute for 2 minutes.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture with the sauce. Pour over chicken. Mix well, and cook for 3-5 minutes until sauce is thickened and chicken is fully cooked.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions. Serve over rice.
- Erin S.
- Cooking Method:
- Easy Dinners, One Pot Meals, Asian, Pineapples, Chicken, Sauces, Simmered, Easy, Family Meals and Snacks
- Related Recipes:
- Easy Dinner Recipes, One Pot Meal Recipes, Asian Recipes, Pineapple Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Sauce Recipes, Simmered Recipes, Easy Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 4 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Erin S.
Recipe Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Amount Per Serving