Pesto Pasta with Meatballs RecipeErin S. | Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
Pesto Pasta with Meatballs - a quick and easy dinner recipe with a creamy pesto sauce, pasta, a few meatballs, and plenty of cheese! It’s fantastic for weeknights.
I can't believe that summer is almost over, and it is time to think about back to school. I am not sure how it went by so quickly!
We had a busy summer, so I am sure that is part of the reason. It will actually be nice to have a routine again once school starts.
Any time of year quick and easy dinners are a must. Life is just so hectic, and I don't want to rely on take out or have pizza delivered every night. So, recipes like this pesto pasta are great to have in your arsenal.
Or One Pan Cheesy Sausage Pasta is great when you don't even have time to do the dishes afterwards.
This pesto pasta uses a jar of pesto and precooked meatballs. So even if you aren't a master chef, you can make this for your family, and they will be full and happy.
I actually made this recipe last spring for my cooking club. They raved about it.
I said it wasn't really a recipe, just added a few things to the pan and that was it. I don't think anyone was really happy that I just eye balled things and didn't measure.
So I made it again for my family and now I have a real recipe to share. I am a sucker for all things pesto.
If we go out to a restaurant and pesto is on the menu, I order it. Italian Turkey Cutlets are one of my favorite things to make.
My husband on the other hand, isn't a big fan. Which is why I made it into a creamy pesto.
I just added a little cream (you can use half and half or milk) to thin it out, and not make it such an intense pesto flavor. Plus I added cheese.
You can use any meatballs you like. Fresh meatballs, frozen meatballs, meatballs from the refrigerated section. Really, anything goes.
I have tried it with the packaged ones and the frozen ones, and both work really well. The frozen ones just need a little more time to cook.
Once the meatballs are cooked, you add in the pesto, cream, cooked pasta and let some cheese melt on top.
A super easy dinner you can make any night of the week. Serve with a salad or maybe even some garlic bread and you have a great dinner. Plus the leftovers are perfect to take to work the next day.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Pesto Pasta with Meatballs Recipe
- 1 12 ounce box Short Cut Pasta
- 1 pound bag Precooked Meatballs
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 7 ounce jar Pesto
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook pasta according to the package directions.
- Cook meatballs until they are thawed completely through (if using frozen) and you can cut them in half.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add the meatballs that are cut in half.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes until they are cooked though. Remove from heat and stir in the pesto and cream. Add cooked pasta, and mix until everything is well combined.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top.
Cover and place back on the heat, just until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- Erin S.
- Cooking Method:
- Easy Dinners, One Pot Meals, Pasta, Pesto, Basil, Simmered, Meatballs, Cheese
- Related Recipes:
- Easy Dinner Recipes, One Pot Meal Recipes, Pasta Recipes, Pesto Recipes, Basil Recipes, Simmered Recipes, Meatball Recipes, Cheese Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 4 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Erin S.
Recipe Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings Per Recipe 4
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 354Calories 860
% Daily Value*
68%Total Fat 44g
79%Saturated Fat 16g
25%Total Carbohydrate 76g
8%Dietary Fiber 6g
* Percent Daily Value are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrition Facts are estimated based on ingredients and data provided by Fat Secret. Please consult a doctor if you have special dietary needs.