Pear Vodka RecipeBrandy O'Neill | Nutmeg Nanny
This easy pear vodka cocktail is Fall personified. Serve it at your Halloween party!
Two for Tuesdays! Brandy and Emily worked together to provide you the perfect cocktail and appetizer for any chilly evening in front of the fire.
We hope you love it.
Pear and rosemary are the perfect winter combination of flavors. The pears hang ripe from the trees and are just begging to be picked. Usually they find their home in pear crisp or maybe a warm batch of pear sauce. It's just like apple sauce but made with pears.
Rosemary usually finds its home in roasted potatoes and maybe a chicken or two. Like Christina's Lemon Rosemary Chicken Recipe, perhaps? Or even in this Rosemary Roasted Garlic Bread Recipe from Kate. But this winter? This winter I decided that Pear and Rosemary are a match made in heaven.
What could be better than a cocktail made from fresh sweet homemade pear puree and woody rosemary? I know I say all of my cocktail recipes are great, but I really mean it. If you’re looking for the perfect cold weather drink, this pear vodka cocktail is it!
I made fresh pear puree because we had a fruit bowl full of fresh pears. There was no way I was going to let them go to waste. If you really wanted to make things easy you could always go with store bought pear nectar. Either one will be delicious, but the texture will be a little different if you use nectar instead of puree. The nectar will be thick and smooth while the puree will have a little more texture since we are pureeing down fresh pears.
The other great thing about this drink is the rosemary simple syrup. It obviously goes fantastically in this drink but it’s also a wonderful way to jazz up a plain Jane gin and tonic. It adds a nice level of woodsy flavor and brings out the herbs and spices in the gin. How is that ever a bad thing?
You've got to make this pear vodka cocktail for your next Fall get-together, and serve Emily's Butternut Squash Tartines. Celebrate Autumn with our perfect Two for Tuesdays pairing!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Pear Vodka Recipe
IngredientsFor the Rosemary Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup Boiling Water
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 12 sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- 1 medium Pear
- 1 tablespoon Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Boiling Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 3 ounces Pear Puree
- 2 ounces Rosemary Simple Syrup
- 2 ounces Vodka
- Sparkling Seltzer Water
- sprigs Fresh Rosemary, for garnish
For the Rosemary Simple Syrup:
- In a medium sized saucepan bring water to a boil. Stir in sugar. Once the sugar has dissolved add in rosemary and remove from heat.
- Let stand for an hour, remove rosemary and let mixture cool completely. When not using the mixture keep stored in the refrigerator.
For the Pear Puree:
- Add ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend till smooth.
- Strain through a mesh strainer and store in the refrigerator.
For the Rosemary Pear Cocktail:
- In a cocktail shaker add ice, pear puree, rosemary simple syrup and vodka. Shake until cold.
- Pour into an ice filled tall cocktail glass. Fill to the top with sparkling water.
- Brandy O'Neill
- Inspired by Martha Stewart
- Cocktails, Party Food, Pears, Fall
- Related Recipes:
- Cocktail Recipes, Party Food Recipes, Pear Recipes, Fall Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 1 cocktail
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Brandy O'Neill
Source: Inspired by Martha Stewart
Recipe Yields: 1 cocktail
Prep Time: 60 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 65 minutes
Amount Per Serving