Peanut Butter Brownies RecipeAmanda Powell | A Cookie Named Desire
Peanut butter and chocolate lovers unite for the ultimate peanut butter brownies you will ever try. These fudgy brownies are stuffed with peanut butter cups and topped with beautiful swirls of delicious peanut butter.
Is there anything better than chocolate and peanut butter together? You don’t need to answer that. I already know the answer is no. I don’t know why I don’t make peanut butter brownies more often, but they are probably one of my favorite brownies to bake.
They are unbelievably fudgy. The peanut butter cups create a welcome surprise, while the peanut butter swirls are just as delicious as they are beautiful.
When I think about one of my favorite memories as a child, experiencing chocolate and peanut butter together for the first time is definitely at the top of that list. The rich, decadent chocolate paired with the creamy, salty peanut butter is a dream come true.
There is just a balance between the flavors that creates a delicious melody on your tastebuds I just can’t think of a more magical pairing. And that’s because there isn’t one.
In brownie form, the pairing seems to become even more incredible. These brownies are the absolute epitome of perfect brownieness. And yes, “brownieness” is definitely a word. At least it is now. The edges are crisp and unbelievably chewy. The center is fudgy and moist and chewy.
Pockets of melty peanut butter cups are hidden throughout while the crisp top is swirled with creamy peanut butter. I can easily eat a couple of these on their own, but when you pair it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, oh my gosh, it’s pure heaven.
Pro tip: double the batch and bake it in a 9 x 13 inch baking pan because you will need extra. As for baking times, it should only need about 5-10 minutes longer. Use a toothpick to check the doneness of the brownies. A toothpick should come out clean when inserted in the middle.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Peanut Butter Brownies Recipe
- 14 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 7 ounces Unsweetened Chocolate
- 1 1/3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 2/3 cups Granulated Sugar
- 4 large Eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 12 Miniature Peanut Butter Cups
- 1/3 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Add the butter and chocolate to a bowl and melt together in the microwave at 50% power for 30 second increments, stirring between each increment, until the butter and chocolate is melted. Mix well together. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix together.
- Add the sugar, eggs, and vanilla to the butter mixture and mix until just combined. Do not over whip!
- Stir the flour mixture into the wet ingredients.
- Add half the batter to the baking pan and then top with the peanut butter cups. Top with the remaining batter.
- Add dollops of the peanut butter over the batter, and use a knife to create swirls of the peanut butter around the batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few crumbs attached.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting.
- Amanda Powell
- Cooking Method:
- Baking, Baked, Brownies, Peanut Butter, Desserts, Snacks
- Related Recipes:
- Baking Recipes, Baked Recipes, Brownie Recipes, Peanut Butter Recipes, Dessert Recipes, Snack Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 9 brownies
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Amanda Powell
Recipe Yields: 9 brownies
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Amount Per Serving