Paleo Chili RecipeAmanda Livesay | Fake Ginger
Paleo Chili is a satisfying meal chock full of flavor. Your whole family will love it.
I think we can all agree that one of the best things about winter is chili. There is nothing better than coming in from the freezing cold and finding a steaming pot of meaty chili on the stove.
We have had a lot of those days here in Colorado so chili has been on the menu a lot recently. And we’re still not tired of it!
I have really good news for the Paleo-eaters! Chili is so easy to make Paleo!
It is pretty much Paleo to begin with. You just have to leave out any beans that you would normally add, and you have to throw out all the packaged chili seasonings.
Other than that: meat and veggies!
I love pretty much all chili but I really love the kind with big chunks of steak. Especially with the Paleo chili where you are missing the beans, it’s nice to those big pieces of meat.
So it’s less, “Blah, chili without beans is boring!” and more “Yay! Fantastic chili with big pieces of yummy steak!”
This version is extra delicious because not only does it have that steak that I love so much, it also has bacon. And we all know that bacon makes everything better.
The chili is also easily adaptable when it comes to heat. I usually use a whole jalapeño but if you want more or less heat, feel free to use more or less jalapeño.
My absolute favorite way to eat Paleo chili is to put it on top of homemade sweet potato fries and then I top them with diced red onion, avocado, and lots of cilantro. It is so messy and requires a fork, but man, that sweet potato and spicy chili combo is killer.
My husband prefers just a big bowl with onion and avocado. You really can’t go wrong though!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Paleo Chili Recipe
- 4 slices Bacon
- 2 pounds Sirloin Steak, Cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 1 jalapeños Jalapeño, Minced
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- Salt and Pepper
- 14 ounces Diced Tomatoes, Fire roasted
- 8 ounces Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crisp. Remove bacon to a paper-towel lined plate.
- Leave one tablespoon of bacon fat in your pot and drain the rest if necessary. Add the sirloin bites and brown for about two minutes. Flip each piece and let the other side brown for another two minutes.
- Add in onion and jalapeno; cook, stirring occasionally, until they have softened and the onion is translucent.
- Add in garlic and cook another 30 seconds, until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add in chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in fire-roasted diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce to a simmer.
- Let simmer for about an hour or until meat is tender.
- Serve hot with red onion, avocado, and cilantro.
- Amanda Livesay
- Paleo, Chili, Soups, Stews, Easy Dinners, Winter, Steak, Beef, Bacon
- Related Recipes:
- Paleo Recipes, Chili Recipes, Soup Recipes, Stew Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes, Winter Recipes, Steak Recipes, Beef Recipes, Bacon Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 4 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Amanda Livesay
Recipe Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 90 minutes
Amount Per Serving