Paleo Apple Pie Ice Cream RecipeAmanda Livesay | Fake Ginger
Paleo apple pie ice cream is the ideal fall treat. Who says you need summer for ice cream?
Does everyone look forward to apple season as much as I do?
I really don’t care about apples all year long but as soon as fall rolls around, I’m checking my grocery store every day to see if the honeycrisps are under 5 bucks a pound. So far this year I’ve made an upside down apple cake, a grilled cheese, and I’ve currently got 4 different varieties of apples in my fridge.
You know, just in case I need a gala apple inside of a pink lady.
As if I can really tell the difference.
Anyway, I love doing seasonal ice cream recipes and I especially love doing paleo seasonal ice cream recipes.
This Paleo Apple Pie Ice Cream starts like most paleo ice cream recipes: with a can of coconut milk. Don’t use the refrigerated stuff in the carton — it has to be the full-fat stuff in the can. And that is sweetened with maple syrup and flavored with just a bit of vanilla and cinnamon.
Then to make the apple pie part, you just cook a diced tart apple in a bit of coconut oil, honey, and cinnamon until the apple is super soft. After that, you just freeze the ice cream mixture in your ice cream maker and fold in the apple mixture. Let that sit in the freezer before serving and that’s it!
Paleo ice cream obviously has a different texture than dairy ice cream — it’s not going to be quite as soft and easy to scoop as the dairy stuff but if you just leave it on the counter for about 10 minutes before you try to scoop it, it will be much easier.
I don’t want to tell you how to live your life but I highly suggest making some paleo gingerbread cookies and crumbling them on top.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
Paleo Apple Pie Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 medium Granny Smith Apple, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon, divided
- dash of Salt
- 1 14 ounce can Full Fat Coconut Milk, chilled
- 1/4 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Melt coconut oil over low heat in a small saucepan. Add diced apple, water, honey, cinnamon, and salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until apples are softened (add more water if it starts to look dry), 7 - 8 minutes. Let cool completely before making the ice cream.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon. Transfer to ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. Once frozen, use a rubber spatula to fold in the apple mixture. Spoon into a freezer-proof bowl and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.
- (It’s easiest to scoop if you let it sit on the counter for about 10 minutes.)
- Amanda Livesay
- Paleo, Desserts, Frozen Treats, Family Meals and Snacks, Apples, Ice Cream, Summer
- Related Recipes:
- Paleo Recipes, Dessert Recipes, Frozen Treat Recipes, Family Meals and Snack Recipes, Apple Recipes, Ice Cream Recipes, Summer Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 6 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Amanda Livesay
Recipe Yields: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Amount Per Serving