Orange Creamsicle Popcorn RecipeRachel Gurk | Rachel Cooks
Orange Creamsicle Popcorn offers a sweet twist on a classic snack. Orange and vanilla make the popcorn extra special.
It’s time for another popcorn recipe. If you asked me, I’d probably tell you it is always time for a new popcorn recipe, because, well, it is. One can never have enough popcorn if you ask me. Popcorn every day!!!
This popcorn concoction has a special place in my heart. It combines two of my favorite things – popcorn and lovely vanilla beans. I love those little black specks. Such a classy ingredient packed full of so much flavor. Toss a little white chocolate and orange zest into the mix and you’re left with something that tastes just like a classic summertime treat – the orange creamsicle.
Except this is crunchy. In a good way. Not in a oh-crap-there’s-sand-stuck-to-my-creamsicle kind of way. More so in the just-one-more-handful sort of way. You know it goes. Popcorn has magical powers. Keeps you coming back for more. And more. And more.
As always, for popcorn that is going to be coated in a candy coating such as this one, I recommend going with mushroom popcorn – it pops up really big and full. This way it holds on to everything without deflating and getting hard and chewy. You don’t want that.
Another important step to this recipe, and all candy- or chocolate-coated popcorn recipes, is to carefully pick out the un-popped and partially popped kernels. Once they are coated in white chocolate, you won’t be able to see them until you’re breaking your tooth on one. This step may seem tedious but it only takes a few minutes and is of utmost importance, especially if you plan to serve this to guests or friends.
If popcorn isn’t your thing (whaaaaaaaaaat?!?!), maybe you’ll want to try some orange creamsicle homemade magic shell on your ice cream? If you’re not feeling the citrus… give oreo popcorn a try. And if you don’t have a sweet tooth? No worries – try this cool ranch popcorn recipe.
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Orange Creamsicle Popcorn Recipe
- 1/2 cup Popcorn Kernels, Popped with an air popper
- 16 ounces Vanilla Candy Coating
- scrapings of Vanilla Bean
- Orange Zest, From one large orange
- Pop corn using a hot air popper. Pick out any unpopped kernels (slightly time consuming but very important!!!).
- Melt the candy coating according to direction packages until it is completely smooth. Stir in vanilla beans and orange zest until completely incorporated.
- Pour melted candy coating mixture over the popcorn mixture and stir until everything is well coated. Spread onto a large sheet pan for candy coating to harden before serving immediately or storing in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
- Rachel Gurk
- Snacks, Popcorn, Oranges, Copycat, Party Food, Easy
- Related Recipes:
- Snack Recipes, Popcorn Recipes, Orange Recipes, Copycat Recipes, Party Food Recipes, Easy Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 16 cups
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Rachel Gurk
Recipe Yields: 16 cups
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Amount Per Serving