One Pot Lasagna RecipeKatie Jasiewicz | Katie's Cucina
One Pot Lasagna is so quick to prepare. Lasagna in an hour!
Ever since having a baby earlier this year I’ve been all for one-pot pasta meals. I mean who has time to spend hours making delicious tasting lasagna when you have a cute baby to cuddle?
After experimenting in the kitchen and trying a few different methods I’m in love with this one pot lasagna. I don’t think I’ll ever make lasagna the traditional way ever again. I make this recipe at least 1-2 times a month and my husband loves that he gets lasagna often now.
Gone are the days of making sauce, pre-boiling noodles, layering the lasagna and then baking it. That takes hours. Instead you can make this one pot lasagna in just about 30 minutes.
And can I tell you how magical this tastes the next day?! Holy cow. The sauce is hearty and full of flavor and really sinks into the noodles the next day. However, if you have a family of four with a hearty appetite you probably won’t have any leftovers.
That’s the catch-22 with this recipe and why you will make this every few weeks in your home. It’s a small batch of lasagna. Just enough for dinner for the family or if you’re a family of 2 you will have a delicious dinner and lunch out of this one-pot wonder. I would even make this lasagna if I was entertaining.
Of course you can always double the recipe if you have more people you need to feed. Just remember to use a larger skillet. Think like a 5 to 6 quart to give you plenty of room to cook with. And if doubling, I would just use the entire box of noodles.
Oh and one last tip, if you are trying to get more veggies in your diet or even your kids' diet, feel free to chop two cups of fresh spinach and add it in with the meat just before adding in the noodles.
I’ve started doing this and you can’t taste the difference. The kids or even adults will just think its fresh herbs and not realize that they are eating spinach!
Serve this one pot lasagna with my cheesy artichoke bread and a fresh salad - Jennifer's tomato goat cheese salad or Urvashee's kale barley salad would both be excellent with this dinner.
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
One Pot Lasagna Recipe
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup White Onion, Minced
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, Minced in water
- 1 Carrot, Minced
- 1/2 pound Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 pound Ground Pork
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 10-12 Lasagna Noodles, Broken
- 28 ounces Crushed Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil and Parsley, Chopped
- 6 slices Fresh Mozzarella de Bufala
- Grated Parmesan Cheese, For serving
- Heat a deep skillet on medium-high high. Place the olive oil and butter in the skillet and let melt for one minute, then add minced onion, garlic, and carrot.
- Sauté for 5 minutes until soft, then add in the lean ground beef and ground pork. Sauté and cook for an additional 5 minutes, making sure to break the meat up with a wooden spoon and mixing the vegetable mixture in with the meat.
- Once the meat is fully cooked (no pink is showing) season the meat with the salt, Italian seasoning, black pepper, and granulated sugar.
- Mix well and then begin layering the broken lasagna noodles in the skillet. Pour the crushed tomatoes and water on top of the noodles (make sure the noodles are fully covered).
- Place a lid on the skillet, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes until noodles are soft.
- Remove lid, use a cookie scoop and begin adding dollops of ricotta to the pan, followed by fresh basil and parsley.
- Lastly, place 6 slices of fresh mozzarella de bufala on top of the lasagna.
- Place the lid on top and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes until mozzarella is melted.
- Serve lasagna immediately and top with Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Katie Jasiewicz
- Cooking Method:
- One Pot Meals, Italian, Pasta, Easy, Easy Dinners, Ground Beef, Ground Pork, Simmered
- Related Recipes:
- One Pot Meal Recipes, Italian Recipes, Pasta Recipes, Easy Recipes, Easy Dinner Recipes, Ground Beef Recipes, Ground Pork Recipes, Simmered Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 5 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Katie Jasiewicz
Recipe Yields: 5 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Amount Per Serving