Maple Tahini Grilled Sweet Potatoes RecipeTaylor Kiser | Food. Faith. Fitness.
Maple Tahini Grilled Sweet Potatoes are seasoned with a little maple syrup and cumin. Wrap in foil, place on the grill, and enjoy!
Going to the grocery is preeeety much my most favorite thing EVER.
Which is why I go a lot. I mean that could possiblemaybe also be because I fail at planning ahead and I then realize we are out of coconut flour, or whatever I needed to make the Paleo cookies to photoshoot that day.
So, I have to go every. Single. Day.
#foodbloggerproblems guys. It’s FER REALZ.
But, some days, I just go. Like, I get in my car, drive down the street and enter the magical world of food-that-isn’t-free-but-I-wish-it-was-because-I-would-save-SO-much-dollaz, just FOR FUN.
I should probably get a hobby. Maybe.
Have you ever just wandered down the aisles and actually LOOKED at things, other than the stuff that’s on your grocery list, though?
Which, if you’re like me and use your phone, you don’t even know what you wrote half the time. There’s this little thing called “autocorrect” that causes me to wonder what on EARTH I was trying to write that was changed to “raps heroes.”
Legit, it’s on my list right now. Still trying to figure that one out.
On one of my shopping-trips-just-4-fun I found Tahini. Which, judging by the amount of tahini cookies I have been oogling on Pinterest, is like this ULTRA hip and trendy new ingredient from the land way out there in the Middle East.
Of course I had impulse buy it. Just like all my other impulse buys that don’t live up to expectations and then just sit and rot in the back of my pantry (I’m looking at you mac and cheese flavored potato chips.)
Some things are just not meant to be combined, you know?
But, my peeps, TAHINI. Like, WHOA. It’s kinda-nutty, but so rich and creamy-smooth and spreadable and SO SO FREAKING YUM.
Especially when you mix it with a little bit of maple syrup and a squeeze of bright, vibrant lemon juice. It becomes the perfect sweet-tart drizzle for ULTRA tender sweet potatoes that are tossed with a touch of olive oil, maple syrup and then coated with roasty-toasty crushed cumin seeds.
Which gets all cozied up inside a shiny tinfoil package, slapped on the BBQ and grilled until lightly charred, caramelized and SO tender.
Finish your easy, summer-friendly side dish with a few sprinkles of fresh cilantro (read: like 3 bunches, because cilantro ALL THE THINGS) and embrace your inner-other-side-of-the-world-trendy-dinner-making-person-ways.
Boring baked potatoes. You’ve been replaced.
Planning a dinner party and need some inspiration?
How about looking for a new slow cooker dinner idea?
We’ve got you covered in our ever-growing Facebook group! If you’re not a member yet, why not?!
We’re chatting cooking techniques, dessert ideas, and everything in between. If you’re already a member, invite your friends to join us too!
Maple Tahini Grilled Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 1 tablespoon Cumin Seeds, Plus 1 teaspoon
- 2 pounds Sweet Potato, Cut into 1 inch wedges, about 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Pure Maple Syrup
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 cup Tahini Paste
- 1 tablespoon Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice, Plus 1 teaspoon
- 2 tablespoons Water
- Fresh Cilantro, For garnish
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat.
- While the grill heats, place the cumin seeds in a small, dry pan over medium heat. Toast them, stirring frequently, until lightly browned and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer the seeds to a chopping board and crush them using the bottom of a drinking glass, until fine.
- In a large bowl, toss together the sweet potato wedges with the olive oil, Maple syrup and the crushed cumin seeds. Mix well to ensure the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Make 5-6 foil packages by placing two large pieces of tinfoil on top of each other. Very lightly brush the tinfoil with olive oil.
- Lay the wedges in a single row in the middle of each package, lengthwise, leaving a little bit of space between each wedge. Fold the ends of the package tightly over the potatoes, then double fold the sides in, making sure the packages are tightly sealed.
- Place the packets on the grill and cook until tender, and the potatoes begin to blacken, about 12-14 minutes. Flip the packages once and repeat on the other side.
- Remove the packages from the grill and use a fork to open them up (careful, they’re hot!) Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dip in a medium bowl and either drizzle onto the sweet potatoes, or use as a dip.
- Garnish with cilantro and DEVOUR.
- Taylor Kiser
- Cooking Method:
- Healthy Eating
- Healthy Eating, Healthy, Side Dishes, Vegetarian, Maple, Sweet Potatoes, Grilled, Grilling
- Related Recipes:
- Healthy Eating Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Side Dish Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes, Maple Recipes, Sweet Potato Recipes, Grilled Recipes, Grilling Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 6 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Taylor Kiser
Recipe Yields: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Amount Per Serving